Posting Images

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Posting Images

Post by Dan Schultz »

I know this topic has been around the block more than a few times. I have my own website and fully know how to link images. However... I still yearn for the day when the convenience of simply uploading images directly to TubeNet will return. It's too bad that board users refuse to make the effort to remove their clutter once the need for their post has passed. Might there be a way for images to be automaticaly deleted after a period of time?
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
sousaphone68
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Posting Images

Post by sousaphone68 »

Have you given any thought to deleting the attachments of lapsed members that have not posted in X number of years?
Cant carry a tune but I can carry a tuba.
sousaphone68
4 valves
4 valves

Post by sousaphone68 »

Hi Mark

I don't know what version of the board this is but there is a support forum for version 3.0 that lists SQL scripts that allow you to identify inactive users that you can then move to a different group to allow a wholesale purge of them or their attachments.

It would be better if the members reviewed their own attachments and deleted as appropriate but inactive members won't do this anyway.

Some of the support forums also suggested that the problem could be solved by allocating more disk space for attachments.
Not bigger attachment size but a bigger storage location.

You could also for the sponsors allow their group identity to have a bigger quota than the rank and file members.
Cant carry a tune but I can carry a tuba.
opus37
5 valves
5 valves

Post by opus37 »

Could you go into the classified section and sort for sold items, arrange them by date and eliminate those that are more than say 2 years old? that might get a little space back.
Brian
1892 Courtiere (J.W. Pepper Import) Helicon Eb
1980's Yamaha 321 euphonium
2007 Miraphone 383 Starlight
2010 Kanstul 66T
2016 Bubbie Mark 5