Posting images with personal info

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
chronolith
4 valves
4 valves

Posting images with personal info

Post by chronolith »

I think people may just not be aware of this.

These days for many people your phone is your camera. When you snap a photo of a tuba for sale on your iphone there is a lot of extra information that goes with it. Some simple things life file size and format to more complex photography stats like f-stop and exposure times.

But the photo also may carry a disgustingly precise location (including latitude, longitude, and even altitude where the photo was taken). People may not wish to exactly reveal the location of their home if the photo was taken there.

You can remove this information from the photo before you post it through a variety of means depending on the operating system you are using.

I was tempted to post this in the for sale section but it felt a little too far off topic.
chronolith
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Posting images with personal info

Post by chronolith »

I spot checked a couple of photos in the for sale area and was able to zoom in through coordinates down to the piece of furniture.