Re-do the captcha protocol

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re-do the captcha protocol

Post by iiipopes »

Dammit. I know what my user name and password are, having used the same user name since signing onto the board and updating my password months ago (yes, it probably needs changing again, but not until this issue is sorted). Yes, I occasionally mistype my logon. I understand the need for security. But just now it took me at least eight times to try to log in, including clicking out of the forum and back in, before the protocol recognized my user name, password and captcha, t-y-p-i-n-g-o-n-e-c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r-a-t-a-t-i-m-e-t-o-a-v-o-i-d-m-i-s-t-a-k-e-s. Please fix it. To those of us who have bifocals or other kinds of glasses, (probably the majority), we need something else for a captcha when we accidently mistype to avoid the frustration I encountered this morning.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: Re-do the captcha protocol

Post by iiipopes »

Another glitch in the captcha protocol:

When you mis-type your user name and password the first time, the screen, of course, reloads. But when you type it in correctly the second time, it will not recognize the correct user name and password combination and then goes to the captcha to log in. I know this is the way it works, because I did it on purpose just to see what would happen.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: Re-do the captcha protocol

Post by iiipopes »

Thanks. The second try at logging with your normal user name and password still does not work. But I can see the captcha much better.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.