RIMS being produced: Ask for what you want NOW Bookmark and Share

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!

RIMS being produced: Ask for what you want NOW

Postby bloke » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:15 pm

I'm not holding anyone to a formal order...

...but I'm getting ready to request a significant run of rims.

I'm going to have more of the gold-tone titanium-coated rims made (as they seem popular). I typically don't stock any of the black-tone titanium-coated rims (looks a whole lot like "gun blue"), but will have certain ones run, if there are specific requests.

Also, I never know (??) which Lexan rims (style/size) to order. Mostly, (for obvious reasons) I sell those to servicemen, and the orders are random/unpredictable. ...so - if you would like a specific Lexan rim - please speak up.

You can send me a private message or email...Be sure to include your contact info, so I can let you know when they're here. Though sincerity is always greatly appreciated, I won't be miffed if you beg off...Someone will eventually purchase what you will have requested.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: RIMS being produced: Ask for what you want NOW

Postby Wayne Rice » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:21 am

Do you have a rim with a wider opening than 33.2mm?
Wayne Rice
bugler
bugler

Re: RIMS being produced: Ask for what you want NOW

Postby bloke » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Wayne Rice wrote:Do you have a rim with a wider opening than 33.2mm?

If you happen to like a Helleberg II rim, we offer one (Sellmanberger HLB2) with a 33.5mm opening, and - if you like a wide/rounded Miraphone-style rim - we offer the Sellmansberger W-M rim with a scantly larger 33.3mm opening. As the rims are cut from two-inch round stock, that's about the limit of an embouchure opening for a really wide rim...

...and "the rims being cut of two-inch round stock" is basically what limits the embouchure openings on all the rims.

If anyone desires a rim with a 34mm, 35mm, or 40mm embouchure opening, perhaps someone else will make them a mouthpiece. :D
bloke

Return to TubeNet Sponsors