JP sousaphone Bookmark and Share

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!

JP sousaphone

Postby bloke » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:24 pm

These are very sturdily-built 4/4 - 5/4 instruments (26" bell / .687" bore), and are closely patterned after a widely-sold USA model...except - currently, in my view - the JP pistons are more carefully-built - and stainless steel, fit better, all of the inside/outside slide tubing with the JP is nickel-silver, and the JP slide alignment is superior.
According to the TubeNet Freak Jury, the more recently-manufactured versions of the USA model weigh in at about 23 lbs...I weighed this JP (best I could manage, and several times) at 26-1/2 lbs...so the JP is not some thin/easily-dented instrument.
Allied Supply in Wisconsin is stocking JP repair parts (more-and-more all the time) and parts not in Wisconsin are promptly sent across the pond from London. Most of the braces and bell screws are interchangeable with USA parts, but these parts (just as with the USA instrument, which does feature sturdy bracing) are not likely to fail.
The just-like-the-USA-case (with the upgrade butterfly latches) is INCLUDED WITH THE INSTRUMENT, and any quote INCLUDES SHIPPING.
With the silver-plated version, the silver plating contains some antimony, which makes it more durable.
In my view, these (price/quality) define all other new 4/4 - 5/4 sousaphones as obsolete, as well as so-called "factory-fresh" overhauled/refinished/new-case sousaphones (as the pricing, here, will come in under all of those, and the build quality, here, will surpass all of those.
If you don't have a facebook account - and would like to view the link - send me a pm, and I'll screen-shoot it for you.

:arrow: https://www.facebook.com/midsouthmusic79/posts/3132983620048476

bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Return to TubeNet Sponsors