new Sellmansberger m'pieces/rims/more: 2020 Army Conference Bookmark and Share

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!

new Sellmansberger m'pieces/rims/more: 2020 Army Conference

Postby bloke » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:25 am

At the Army Conference, I'll have my new shoot-the-middle-of-the-middle 32.9mm opening #2 (most popular) profile Sellmansberger rims, plus Dave's new LH style rims.
================================
My Sellmansberger HLB2 rims are somewhat similar to Dave's LH rims, but his are more peaked up on the inside edge...more like (well...) Laskey, whereas mine are more like the (prior to when Laskey left Schilke) "Helleberg II" rim.
=================================
I'll have the LH rims in two sizes, and my HLB2 rims (as always) in several sizes.
=================================
I'll also have the new hybrid "economy" series mouthpieces at the Conference:
> silver plated brass shank/cup part with a SYMPHONY cup and a SYMPHONY "P" shank (in-between standard and euro...ideal for many B&S/M-W receivers, imo, and home-sandable down to standard shank size, if desired).
:idea: :arrow: You can buy this underpart threaded (to accept ANY of my rims, or any Houser rim) - OR (lowest-price combination) you can purchase this underpart (threads not available) permanently BONDED to the new Sellmansberger #2 profile 32.9mm stainless steel rim.
==================================
Unless sold before the Conference, I'm probably bringing a piston F tuba that I built from JP F tuba body parts, some German parts, and a vintage GDR B&S "Perantucci" bell. It's very similar to the new JP piston F tuba, as - I believe - the factory and I must have had the same idea at about the same time (ie. most required parts were already being fabricated at the factory needed to assemble that instrument). I've been told that there are only two ~actual~ JP piston F tubas in the USA at this time...I believe one is headed to TMEA, and the other one - I believe - is at BB. I'll have those with the first major shipment of them, and will offer them for the same price as I've been offering the rotary model. The piston F tuba that I built...I'm offering it for about the same price as the new JP...and it's all yellow brass (not 80:20) with nickel silver slide tubing and stainless steel pistons.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: new Sellmansberger m'pieces/rims/more: 2020 Army Confere

Postby bloke » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:16 am

As mentioned in a post in the TubeNet forum, I'm also going to be available (conditionally) to measure piston tubas for new piston washers.

I would actually PREFER that any owners of the tubas watch me do it, as I believe that this is an important skill for a layman to possess.
bloke

Return to TubeNet Sponsors