Get into Your Working Zone !

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
ds_le_moulin
bugler
bugler

Get into Your Working Zone !

Post by ds_le_moulin »

Try something new and get the Working Zone Scales and Intervals exercises book.

The Working Zone is the area in which you make progress. It is the zone in which playing is not impossible to achieve neither too easy. Create your personal exercises and enjoy getting a ride on different scales and intervals !

For celebrating the outcome of the publisher’s own EBOOK system, a special campaign is going on until the 30th of April.

A preview can be seen here : https://webshop.fennicagehrman.fi/onix/media/3404924

Chris Olka made a review on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEmUjWKbt-8&t=2s

Working Zone: Scale and Interval exercises for tuba and other bass clef instruments

Book (product number 9790550115347): Normally 29,80 €, now for 25 € + free delivery!

EBook (download on your own device, product number 9789525489408): Normally 22,90 €, now for 15 €!

The discount is valid from 2nd March until 30th April 2022
• Go to https://webshop.fennicagehrman.fi/page/ ... rking+zone
• Click “Add to cart” the books you want to order.
• Click the shopping cart symbol up on the right-hand side. Add the code:

getfocused

to the “Campaign code” field, then click “Add the campaign code”.

• Fill in the rest of your information. You can include other sheet music from all the categories.

If you have questions & co. contact me by PM.

Cheers - Nicolas Indermühle
ds_le_moulin
bugler
bugler

Re: Get into Your Working Zone !

Post by ds_le_moulin »

Here is a review by Josh Biere, (Madison Symphony Orchestra) which was published in the ITEA Journal

Working Zone: Scale and Interval Exercises for Tuba and Other Bass Clef Instruments. Nicolas Indermühle and Lauri Huotarinen. Fennica Gehrman. www.fennicagehrman.fi. 2020. 137 pp.

In my experience as a teacher and performer, perhaps the most important things that I can offer young players are the tools and resources to develop and tweak their own daily routine. In their new book Working Zone, Nicolas Indermühle and Lauri Huotarinen have created a toolbox full of exercises and material to help tubists do just that.

As the authors describe it, the “working zone” is “the area where you make personal progress . . . The things that you practice are not too difficult or too easy, but they are challenging enough.” Their book is an extensive collection of exercises and patterns to aid the tubist in finding this zone. The material itself allows flexibility to scale the difficulty up and down to find exactly where maximum growth can occur. The book is divided into six chapters in colorful and engaging print. The sections are well organized, and it is very easy to find and flip back and forth between the different sections of the book thanks to thoughtful tabs located on the sides of the pages.

Perhaps the most impressive section is the chapter on scale patterns. This section includes over sixty-five different scales from the standard major and minor scales to the “Diminished Blues flat 9 scale,” the “Petrushka Scale,” and a few Messiaen modes as well. Each scale pattern is written out clearly in quarter notes and in all twelve keys, so the pattern variation is not rhythmic, but rather the actual selection of pitches. The authors encourage modification and experimentation with rhythmic variations and include a recommended variation reference card that can be pulled out and set alongside of whichever scale pattern is on the stand.

There are other features of the book that are also well conceived and well executed. Sprinkled liberally throughout the book are QR codes that can be scanned to send the user to more content online which is updated by the authors. One of the chapters also includes some of the best constructed fingering charts that I have seen in print. The charts for F, E-flat, CC, and BB-flat tuba include an exhaustive list of alternate fingerings and tuning tendencies for each partial and extend from the fundamental all the way through partial sixteen. The book is exhaustive, flexible, thorough, and, above all, useful. I can easily see myself going back to this book for ideas on creating new and challenging routines for myself and my students. I highly recommend it as a tool for finding your own “working zone.”

Josh Biere, Madison Symphony Orchestra
rollo
lurker
lurker

Re: Get into Your Working Zone !

Post by rollo »

Just got my copy a couple days ago! so excited to finally have a single reference point that has a huge varitety of scales written out!
Wessex Viverna
Conn 20K naked lady (Valentina)

MBI - '06, contra
Madison Scouts - '07, contra
The Govenaires - '08 - 15, contra
The Govenaires - '07, '16, euphonium
The Govenaires - '17 - '22, contra