Army Tuba Conference

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Army Tuba Conference

Post by Lee Stofer »

I look forward to seeing a number of you guys and gals in Washington, DC, later this week!

Prior to moving to Iowa, I really need to clear out the shop, and to that end I plan to offer some outstanding deals on instruments and accessories, and offer some unique items that just are not available anywhere else.

Besides a selection of Rudolf Meinl mouthpieces, I have a limited number of Jim Kelly's KT-50 prototype mouthpieces that will be available for sale at the Conference. I think this mouthpiece is destined for great popularity. Mike Finn will be joining me at the booth again, and has added trombone/euphonium mouthpieces to his line. I have also started my own line of mouthpieces, and you can play-test the Stofer-Helleberg, Stofer-Chief and Stofer-Geib mouthpieces at the booth this week. Due to production scheduling issues around Christmas, I only have one of each, but will be taking orders and can deliver them within 30 days. These mouthpieces are far-truer to the originals than the other copies available, precision-made on a CNC lathe.

This week, I will have perhaps the most rare and unusual lineup of instruments ever shown at the Washington, DC Conference. the instruments include the only silver-plated Rudolf Meinl 6/4 BBb tuba ever made, a one-of-a-kind rose brass and nickel silver Rudolf Meinl 5/4 CC, a yellow brass Rudolf Meinl 5/4 CC that I bought new in 1984, a like-new Meinl-Weston 2165 CC, a very nice Meinl-Weston 182 F-tuba, and a Mirafone 191 BBb tuba.

Besides the instruments and mouthpieces, I will have Hetman Professional Synthetic lubricants on hand, one Humes & Berg mute at a special price, the remaining stock of Altieri bags at a discount, all B.E.R.P.s at discount, and some tuba and euphonium small parts available for sale. I may regret this later, but I have two very old, nice metal tuba stands and one for sousaphone, the type that are no longer available through any manufacturer, that I will sell at the Conference. And, I have about 12 steel wall hangers for sousaphone that I will sell at a discount.

For those of you that will be in attendance this week, have a safe trip, and I look forward to seeing you there. As always, my booth will be in the southeast corner of Building 200, next to the icy blast of air from the doors to the outside! :D
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.