Greetings from the Corn Belt!

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Greetings from the Corn Belt!

Post by Lee Stofer »

It is truly a pleasure to be back in rural America, living in Eastern Iowa, where if someone breaks into your car, it is only to leave a bag of garden vegetables!

Despite 100-degree temperatures, I'm working as fast as I can to get the new shop ready. I anticipate being ready for new repair work by October 1st. If that seems like a long time, consider that I am trying to formulate this shop in such a way as to bring my custom work to a new level of excellence and efficiency.

I do have a couple of instruments available for sale, and will post them on the web site in the near future. I also have a number of unrestored project horns, for which I can provide photos, a price for full restoration, and an "as-is" price. Your prized project horn might be here, so feel free to contact me and let me know what you're looking for.

Rudolf Meinl will soon be shipping his first-ever 4-piston, 5th rotor F tuba here, and I plan to make it available for play-testing.

I will have the honor this year of collaborating with Kanstul in the development of their first 5-valve CC tuba. I'll post more as details are available.

Max and Heinrich Thein have invited me to be a Thein dealer, and I have now started importing Thein instruments upon request. The turn-around time on an order is 3-4 months, but the results have been truly outstanding.

I wish to express my thanks to all my cutomers for their support and encouragement. The Good Lord Willing, I will be repairing again on a daily basis in late September.

Lee Stofer
Lee Stofer Music, Inc.
3583 260th Street
Camanche IA 52730-9658 tubameister@iowatelecom.net
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.