New Shop Facility

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

New Shop Facility

Post by Lee Stofer »

Greetings All,
It is with pleasure that I can say that our property in Atlanta finally sold, and plans are underway to build a new building on the farm. Designed to closely resemble the original barn, the 2-story, 5,000+ square foot structure will finally be large-enough to house the entire repair operation as well as having a 1,300 square foot hayloft and parking for the tractor and implements.

The construction is scheduled to begin in early July and be finished in August. Since life is short and I have customers waiting, I've secured the services of a builder to do this one instead of doing it myself. When the new facility is complete, I'll post photos.

Last year, I took the limited resources available at that time and tried to construct a down-sized shop. That would be wonderful if I planned to specialize in flutes and piccolos (AACK!), but "small" just doesn't work for tuba repairs, cleaning and restoration, so this project is necessary and overdue.

I'll also mention that I just got in a sizeable order of Rudolf Meinl and Bruno Tilz mouthpieces, most of which are RM-9 / M-9 mouthpieces, a great F tuba mouthpiece. Feel free to give me a call or e-mail if you need a good all-around F tuba mouthpiece. I also received a limited number of RM10 and RM10. (dot denotes larger backbore) mouthpieces, which are large mouthpieces with a deep, well-rounded bowl. These mouthpieces offer really good flexibility, a large sound with plenty of both fundamental and overtones.

Wishing all of you a great summer of playing experiences,
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.