New Repair Shop Update

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

New Repair Shop Update

Post by Lee Stofer »

Hello All,
What a long summer this has been! A wise person once told me that there were two constants in construction projects - a) it will take longer than you thought it would, and b) it will cost more than you thought it would. I have been staying within budget, but I've been frustrated by how long this project has been taking.

To get the shop done in a somewhat-reasonable time frame, and done to my satisfaction, For 2 months now I have been working for the contractor as his assistant and a member of the crew. The crew has been small, and at times the "crew" was the contractor and myself. I do like the contractor. We are friends that go to the same Church, and his standards of building are in line with my standards of instrument repair, so this building was worth waiting for, in my opinion.

In the next few days, we will be to the point where I apply the epoxy floor coating in the shop, and when this happens, we'll have to leave the building alone for about 5 days while the epoxy cures. During that time, I plan to replace my digital camera and post some photos of the new building on the web site. It is visible from over a mile away in any direction, so it should be easy for anyone to find!

I really look forward to not only having a full shop again, but having one that is better-than-ever with which to serve tuba-euphonium players.

More to come,
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.