Mike Finn and Lee Stofer at TUSAB-TEC

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Mike Finn
3 valves
3 valves

Mike Finn and Lee Stofer at TUSAB-TEC

Post by Mike Finn »

It is my pleasure to announce that Lee and I will be sharing a booth again at the Army conference next weekend. Between the two of us there will be a wide selection of mouthpieces (my own designs and various other makers as well) a handful of tubas and other low brass, and a nice variety of accessories including Schlipf mutes. It's possible that Herr Schlipf himself will be joining us at the booth as well, so stop in and say "Guten Tag".

As at ITEC last summer, Lee will have his tools with him and he and our friend Tom Treece will be performing minor repairs. So if you've got a few dings/dents, stuck slides, sluggish valves or whatever, come on by. Please be sure to come early though, as these repairs do take time and there is a limited amount of that available.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones,
Mike
Your soul speaks through your music.
Say what you mean.
Say it with a Mike Finn Mouthpiece.

www.MikeFinnMouthpieces.com
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Mike Finn and Lee Stofer at TUSAB-TEC

Post by Lee Stofer »

Greetings from the semi-Arctic Upper Midwest! I have an update to Mike's report. I have received word from Johannes Schlipfinger, maker of the Schlipf mutes, that he will be flying from Vienna to Washington, DC for the Conference, and will be sharing the booth with us. His state-of-the-art mutes will be available for sale on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday.

So, the highlights to look for at our booth will be -

- Schlipf mutes
- Stofer-Geib tuba mouthpieces
- Mike Finn tuba and euphonium mouthpieces
- new Kanstul instruments, tuba and euphoniums
- Hetman Professional Synthetic Lubricants
- On-site limited repairs
- Free diagnosis and estimates
- Friendly service

I will also be showing the silver-plated 'Sander - Kaiserslautern' CC tuba which is thought to have been Fred Geib's personal tuba that he used both in the New York Philharmonic and at Radio City Music Hall. I have spent a tremendous amount of additional time on this tuba recently, mostly valve work, and now have discovered just how well this instrument can play. Feel free to come by and play-test a completely hand-made, professional CC tuba made in the late 19th century, complete with Fred Geib's patented 'Geib' mouthpiece (not a Conn-Geib). It has 4 string-action rotary valves, and even the rotors themselves are silver-plated - a most unique instrument.

Finally, if you are attending the Capitol Tuba Conference next week and have not tried out the Kanstul instruments, you owe it to yourself to do so. Find out about the great American-made low brass, made in Anaheim, California. The high quality and the affordable prices will surprise you.

I hope to see many of you next week!
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.