Capitol Tuba Conference 2011, this Week

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Capitol Tuba Conference 2011, this Week

Post by Lee Stofer »

Happy 2011 to all!

I am happy to announce that this will be my 10th anniversary as an exhibitor at the Capitol Tuba Conference on Fort Myer, Virginia. I will have my booth in the regular spot, with colleagues Mike Finn of Mike Finn Mouthpieces, and Tom Treece, tuba-playing scientist and all-around good guy.

I will be offering mouthpieces of several makes for sale, and there will be convention-week specials. I should have a good representation of Kanstul tubas and euphoniums, including compensating and non-compensating euphoniums, both 4-in-line and 3+1 configurations, BBb, CC, Eb and F tubas, all of which are being very well-received by a growing number of owners. Kanstul tubas and euphoniums can now be found in orchestras, military bands, and universities around the US, and are becoming more common internationally, too. I will also have a few pre-owned instruments for sale, and will offer limited repair services on-site. I will also be happy to meet with prospective customers and make estimates on repairs or full restoration of instruments.

I am now pleased to announce that Lee Stofer Music is the sole North American source for Schlipf mutes, and I'm building up my stock to meet the demand. I just got a new shipment in this past Friday, and will have all 17 sizes of Schlipf practice mutes avaiable in Washington, DC this weekend. As always, I will be offering Hetman Professional lubricants for sale.

If you can make it to Washington, DC this weekend, please come by and say, "Hi!" If you are unable to attend, feel free to e-mail me at Tubameister1@juno.com" target="_blank" target="_blank, or call my cell (563) 321-0642, and the convention week special pricing will apply to your purchases, too. I now have a laptop (hooray), and will be able to respond to your e-mails during the week.
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.