Wisemann Eb for sale at Wessex Tubas

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Wisemann Eb for sale at Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

I have just brought back new Wisemann lightweight Eb from Beijing and it is available for sale.

Wisemann make instruments for some of the leading brands and the quality of this tuba is up to European standards. Finish is excellent and valves smooth and quiet.

I have tried in concert band and quintet and it worked well for both, but particularly good with the small ensemble. Its intonation is good with no exceptionally out of tune notes. It is non-compensated, but I found that caused no tuning issues except for low E and F. The low A can be played 1+2+4, G 2+3+4 and F# 1+3+4. F with all valves but is rather sharp.

I think this model would be ideal in symphony orchestra where lighter tone than 19" inch bell EEb is desired. Also would be excellent for band player marching, or smaller/younger musician who does not want the weight of handling an EEb.

Specifications:
Model: Wisemann DTU-E650
Eb tuba with 3+1 stainless steel valves
Nickel silver leadpipe
Bell: 410mm (16")
Height: 760mm (36")
Bore: 16.8mm (0.66")
Weight: 6.8kg (15lb)

I will normally be selling this model for £2,495 GBP, but this one got minor dent in bell (could easily be removed) and wear to the case in transit, so am selling for special price of £1,995 (€2245 euro, $3,275 USD). Being sold by my company, Wessex Tubas this instrument is guaranteed against manufacturing faults for one year. Will ship worldwide at cost.

Potential UK buyers are welcome to come and play test.