Junior Eb tuba from Huashen

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Junior Eb tuba from Huashen

Post by Wyvern »

I have just received a couple of 3-valve Junior tuba from Huashen which have been bought by a school and am very impressed with the high-quality. They are what appears gold brass (same colour brass as my Neptune!) with rose brass leadpipe and nickel silver fittings including plate to protect the leadpipe from damage. Finish is better than JinBao - as my wife correctly says "looks like German made tuba"

They play as good as they look with surprisingly nice full tone for such a small tuba and good tuning across the range.

And very good value too - only 795 GBP complete with wheeled case. It is an ideal tuba for UK schools (where they start kids on Eb), youth bands and more mature Eb players wanting light tuba for standing/marching gigs. I have immediately put in order for some more stock.

More pictures and details on my webpage - http://www.wessex-tubas.co.uk/products/eb-junior. I will try to record a YouTube video before I deliver the tubas to the school.

If you have any questions/comments do PM/email me as you cannot post here this being in Sponsor section!

BTW I believe this same design of Eb, but of inferior quality are made by other factories in China, so buyers need beware!