Goldbrass sousaphone with short action valves

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Goldbrass sousaphone with short action valves

Post by Wyvern »

I now have Huashen gold brass BBb sousaphone with short action valves in stock. Just like the Junior Eb and Bubbie I am very impressed by the quality from this manufacturer.

See http://www.wessex-tubas.co.uk/products/sousaphone

It is an impressive instrument with good tone. Price 1,995 GBP including UK VAT.

Any question/comments please PM/email me, as you cannot post here in Sponsor section.
tubaforce
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Goldbrass sousaphone with short action valves

Post by tubaforce »

Looks good, Jonathan!
How did it fare against the your tuner?
Al
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

Al, I have not had chance to try against tuner as yet as it is too big to play in my music room without taking lumps of plaster out the ceiling!

Will update later
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

Bloke, using felts for valve alignment may not suit an engineer like you, but they seem to work fine by how well the sousaphone plays. One very talented player visiting my recent Cheltenham trade stand commented "...it was a delight to play. Much easier than a BBb tuba! ....To be honest I couldn't find any flaws with it, it was a joy to play".

As we in England say "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix!"

In any case I mainly got the sousaphone to attract attention to my trade stand at brass events, which it does exceedingly well (I don't expect to sell many this side of the pond) - it was obvious from comments at Cheltenham that most British brass players have never seen a sousaphone 'for real' before :wink: