Compensated BBb

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Compensated BBb

Post by Wyvern »

I have received my first Wessex compensated BBb 3+1 from China. It comes in a very nice imitation leather covered case over what appears a hard shell, but still with zip.

Yesterday I took the BBb to a local Championship brass band to get opinions from the other tuba players on how it plays. They are all excellent players, one was until three years ago principal tuba with the Royal Artillery band - in fact you can hear him on all the Naxos CDs of Sousa works.

Feedback on the BBb is just as positive as it previously had been of the EEb (which I am playing in the band). They all loved it! One of the BBb players used the whole rehearsal and said at the end "it's a real corker!" (which means really outstanding). Although it appears a 'clone' of the Besson Sovereign 994, he thinks it plays MUCH BETTER. Without any prompting from me, he was trying to persuade the conductor that the band should sell the four old Sovereign tubas and buy four new 'Wessex' ones to replace :-)

Here are some photos of the BBb, including with the EEb and Bubbie.