New Video Claud Debussy's Flute Solo Syrinx on Tuba

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

New Video Claud Debussy's Flute Solo Syrinx on Tuba

Post by MackBrass »

This was recorded back in October of 2013 but I could not remember where I saved the file until now as I accidentally found it on my computer. This is being played on a MACK 410 CC tuba with a Gold Brass bell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksdm4kfa ... e=youtu.be

Prior to working this up I did some research and found a copy of Debussy's manuscript. Working with this and other versions I removed all breath marks, dynamics and phrase markings and started from scratch in the attempt to achieve what Debussy had intended. Debussy actually did write in dynamics and measures but there were no breath markings to outline the piece or the phrasing. This is where listening and studing a piece as you learn it becomes a vital role in the final performance. I think this is a great piece to work on for recital and highly suggest it to anyone looking for something short and pleasing to listen to.

From WIKI: Syrinx, L. 129, is a piece of music for solo flute which Claude Debussy wrote in 1913. It generally takes three minutes or less to perform. It was the first significant piece for solo flute after the Sonata in A minor composed by C. P. E. Bach 150 years before (1763).
Syrinx is commonly considered to be an indispensable part of any flautist's repertoire. Many musical historians believe that "Syrinx", which gives the performer generous room for interpretation and emotion, played a pivotal role in the development of solo flute music in the early twentieth century. Some say Syrinx was originally written by Debussy without barlines or breath marks[citation needed].
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707