Top June offers at Lee Stofer Music

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Top June offers at Lee Stofer Music

Post by Lee Stofer »

Although the repair shop here is constantly busy, the summer months seem to have an even greater abundance of activity! I thought I'd mention several unusual offerings that are available now.

We now have a 5/4 Rudolf Meinl 4-rotor BBb on consignment that is a wonderful player, and priced at just a fraction of the cost of a new one. The seller is motivated, so give me a call if you want to enjoy a top-tier orchestral BBb tuba.

It is also rare for such a fine 4/4 5-valve BBb tuba as the Kanstul model 33 to be here on consignment, a silver-plated, 5-valve instrument with the optional hand-engraved bell. It is still basically new, and is by far the most sophisticated BBb tuba ever manufactured in the U.S. The seller is ready to make a deal, so it is a win-win situation for you.

For anyone who would like to have a vintage piston BBb tuba that does everything well, look no further than the H.N. White King presently on the website. It may have been made in 1942, but the valves and slides are on par with a much newer horn, and the instrument has never, ever been abused. This becomes obvious the first time you play it, a vintage King that is mechanically as good as new. With a one-piece bell and hard case, this would be a wonderful horn for any sort of playing, including outdoor summer band work.

As always, we strive to serve you with the best instruments, accessories and repairs possible.
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.