End of Summer Deals at Lee Stofer Music

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

End of Summer Deals at Lee Stofer Music

Post by Lee Stofer »

As a new season begins, there are several outstanding instruments available here to make your playing more enjoyable. I'm adding new listings as they become available. I will be in-and-out of the shop between October 10-18. I will be available at my cell number, (563) 321-0642, or online at tubameister1@juno.com" target="_blank throughout the week. Prices are negotiable on all tubas for sale.

F
-Rudolf Meinl 4/4 6-valve F-tuba, with 2nd slide trigger, great sound and response in all registers, w/ Jacob Winter hard case

CC
-Weril JJ681 3/4 CC, 4-front-piston, vented pistons, a fun tuba w/ really good intonation and response, hard case w/ wheels

BBb
Rudolf Meinl 5/4 BBb, amazing, lightweight orchestral 6/4 BBb
-B&S 3103 (PT-1) 5/4 BBb, very fine large rotor BBb tuba with silky-smooth rotors
-Kanstul 33 5-valve 4/4 BBb, silver, hand-engraved bell, state-of-the-art valves, Cronkhite two-tone leather bag
H.N. White King 1241 4-valve BBb, rare one-piece recording BBb tuba with even more-rare original case, mouthpiece - really nice
Frank Holton model 122 BBb sousaphone, lacquered brass, 26" bell, .687" bore, mfg. 1952, great player, resembles Grand Rapids York

Eb
Mirafone 183 Eb tuba, vintage Mirafone in excellent mechanical condition, traditional linkage w/ clockwork springs, detachable recording bell, very good player

In Process
I have just taken in a 1916 Holton, Chicago 6/4 BBb tuba, .750" valve bore, 22" one-piece upright bell, satin silver w/ bright silver trim, gold-plated bell interior. This instrument is basically identical to a York model 91 6/4 BBb, with 3-top-pistons, great privileged tones all the way to the pedal range, and a very large and beautiful sound. The silver plating is nearly 100% still, and the gold in the bell is over 90% intact. I plan to clean and service it, and offer it for sale as original, unless someone wishes to contract to have it made into something more exotic.

I am also offering a number of new mouthpieces by various makers at a further discount. The sale on all remaining Humes & Berg mutes was quite successful, as they are all sold. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to get a new Humes & Berg mute, as I regularly visit the factory and pick out new ones.

Please feel free to call me at (563) 321-0642 or e-mail me at tubameister1@juno.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank for more information.
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.