New Large Bore Rotary CC Tuba

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

New Large Bore Rotary CC Tuba

Post by Wyvern »

The prototype for new Wessex TC491 rotary valve CC tuba 'Anton' (named after river in Wessex). Fitted with 450mm (18 inch) bell and 21mm (0.827") valve bore. It is a large 4/4 tuba with broader tone than the existing 'Mahler'. Prototype will be available to try at ITEC at the end of this month.

bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: New Large Bore Rotary CC Tuba

Post by bort »

[quote="58mark"]As a piggy fan, I'm looking forward to trying this horn. (even though this horn is closer to a Bruckner)[/quote]

Well, with a name like Anton... :roll:
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

The name 'Anton' was also a tribute to Bruckner (could not use that name for obvious reason).

Design wise the new Anton is inspired by both the Piggy and Bruckner
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Nice!
michael_glenn
3 valves
3 valves

Post by michael_glenn »

It looks a bit more like an HB-2 than a Bruckner. (Which I also wouldn't be surprised if Miraphone loosely copied the HB-2 to design the Bruckner. Loosely.
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

michael_glenn wrote:It looks a bit more like an HB-2 than a Bruckner. (Which I also wouldn't be surprised if Miraphone loosely copied the HB-2 to design the Bruckner. Loosely.
I can't comment on similarities as have not studied those models, but we did not reference either the Bruckner or HB-2 for this new tuba - so any similarities of design are pure coincidental.

The only existing tuba referenced was a Piggy and that was just for slide layout, which is pretty standard for rotary valve tuba.
ndh3425
bugler
bugler

Post by ndh3425 »

beautiful horn. very interested in it
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

Post by Salazarsam33 »

Johnathan, i am in need of a good CC tuba, any word on when these will come out, can i special order one, or can i purchase this prototype from you?