Wessex Tubas - what would you like?

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Tubaing
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Wessex Tubas - what would you like?

Post by Tubaing »

There doesn't seem to be a good workhorse high school tuba available from Wessex. A 4 valve, piston, front action, 4/4... perhaps around $2,000. As a band director, I would be ordering these.
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

Tubaing wrote:There doesn't seem to be a good workhorse high school tuba available from Wessex. A 4 valve, piston, front action, 4/4... perhaps around $2,000. As a band director, I would be ordering these.
There will very shortly be our TB484 Dragon available for $2,825 (in lacquer). These will start arriving June, the first was just quality assured at factory this week. Not on website yet, as I have none in UK yet to photograph.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Bob Kolada »

Jonathan, how does that differ from this?

https://wessex-tubas.com/collections/tu ... erna-tb480" target="_blank
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

Bob Kolada wrote:Jonathan, how does that differ from this?

https://wessex-tubas.com/collections/tu ... erna-tb480" target="_blank" target="_blank
The 4-valve version produced at lower price for school market
Tubaing
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubaing »

Wyvern wrote:
Tubaing wrote:There doesn't seem to be a good workhorse high school tuba available from Wessex. A 4 valve, piston, front action, 4/4... perhaps around $2,000. As a band director, I would be ordering these.
There will very shortly be our TB484 Dragon available for $2,825 (in lacquer). These will start arriving June, the first was just quality assured at factory this week. Not on website yet, as I have none in UK yet to photograph.
Thank you! Will that include a hard case?
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Wyvern wrote: There will very shortly be our TB484 Dragon available for $2,825 (in lacquer). These will start arriving June, the first was just quality assured at factory this week. Not on website yet, as I have none in UK yet to photograph.
Cool.

When I first heard of Wessex I was interested in a Copy/Clone you called the "Ohio" or some such but it was not considered favorably.

I'm glad you will soon have an alternative that fills the void!!
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

Tubaing wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
Thank you! Will that include a hard case?
Yes, a hard latched wheeled case
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

Any update on the Piston F? Prototype photos?
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

Ken Crawford wrote:Any update on the Piston F? Prototype photos?
The F tuba project has been one evolving with Chuck Nickles going through about 5 prototypes and we are now developing in consultation with top pro player. So it is taking a while, but will be worth the wait!
Musical_Eagle
bugler
bugler

Post by Musical_Eagle »

Wyvern wrote:
The F tuba project has been one evolving with Chuck Nickles going through about 5 prototypes and we are now developing in consultation with top pro player. So it is taking a while, but will be worth the wait!
Is there updates to the size of the piston F? I'm personally hoping for a middle of the road in terms of size.
wagtuba23
bugler
bugler

Post by wagtuba23 »

A Wessex NEPTUNE ROTARY 6/4 Tuba in silver!! Would be interesting
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Wyvern wrote:
Which top pro? Give us something! :)
tclements
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by tclements »

CC, 5/4, 6 rotary valves (4+2). Gold brass, silver plated
Douglas
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Post by Douglas »

Any plans to sell the Bobo Tenor Tuba(ish) mouthpiece separate from the single c tuba?
Doug Black, D.M.A.
Assistant Professor of Music, Alabama A&M University
Eastman Tuba Artist
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

Douglas wrote:Any plans to sell the Bobo Tenor Tuba(ish) mouthpiece separate from the single c tuba?
The French C tuba mouthpieces will eventually be available separately
Teditiks
lurker
lurker

Post by Teditiks »

What happened to the monster Eb you hinted about earlier? Is it in the making? Hopefully available with both rotary and piston valves.... :) Can't wait on the latest news regarding your new products.
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

Teditiks wrote:What happened to the monster Eb you hinted about earlier? Is it in the making? Hopefully available with both rotary and piston valves.... :) Can't wait on the latest news regarding your new products.
Still planned, but we have got to get other tubas into production first. The biggest brass instrument factory in the world can't keep-up with Wessex requirements! :wink:
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

Wyvern wrote:
Teditiks wrote:What happened to the monster Eb you hinted about earlier? Is it in the making? Hopefully available with both rotary and piston valves.... :) Can't wait on the latest news regarding your new products.
Still planned, but we have got to get other tubas into production first. The biggest brass instrument factory in the world can't keep-up with Wessex requirements! :wink:
Time for Wessex to buy the factory!
UDELBR
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Post by UDELBR »

Ken Crawford wrote: Time for Wessex to buy the factory!
The Jinbao factory (the folks who provide the basics for Wessex) is *enormous*. Here's a peek at a small portion of just one floor of the brass production facility. This is just one of many floors: https://youtu.be/uMoV6ZsM-Fw" target="_blank
UDELBR
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Post by UDELBR »

Couple more Jinbao pix: