Wessex Tubas - what would you like? Bookmark and Share

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!

Re: Wessex Tubas - what would you like?

Postby Wyvern » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Doc wrote:Jonathan, Steve, Chuck, et al...

Does the B50 gig bag fit the Kaiser? I would like to find a more substantial bag than my current bag for my B&S Kaiser (same basic dimensions as the Wessex Kaiser). My current bag is an ancient Mirafone canvas bag with no padding at all.

Thanks,

Bill

The B50 gig bag is not large enough, but we have new B690 bags coming in later this year which will be custom made for the Kaiser
www.Wessex-Tubas.com
Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Opus@Wessex-Tubas.com
Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com
Technical Advice and Parts: Dacapo@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Postby Doc » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Wyvern wrote:
Doc wrote:Jonathan, Steve, Chuck, et al...

Does the B50 gig bag fit the Kaiser? I would like to find a more substantial bag than my current bag for my B&S Kaiser (same basic dimensions as the Wessex Kaiser). My current bag is an ancient Mirafone canvas bag with no padding at all.

Thanks,

Bill

The B50 gig bag is not large enough, but we have new B690 bags coming in later this year which will be custom made for the Kaiser

Thanks! I’ll be watching for it...
All that, plus $8.00, will get you a venti at Starbucks.
Or in my case, a large can of Folgers.
Doc
6 valves
6 valves

Postby bloke » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:21 pm

Wyvern wrote:The B50 gig bag is not large enough, but we have new B690 bags coming in later this year which will be custom made for the Kaiser

Please consider giving them - perhaps - another inch (height) of "growing room"...just in case someone might be interested in one for an old kaiser (etc.) :D
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Postby Kevbach25 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:38 pm

Weird for a tuba forum as well as lengthy, but...

An alto (tenor) horn with a larger bore than cornets and tapered accordingly for the larger bore. I'm thinking around .485"-.500". Cornets and baritone horns seem to be growing in size while the tenor horn is not. Why this is could be left for a separate discussion.

The main idea of this is there should be more separation between cornet and alto horn, and less between alto and baritone horns.

If we're taking this to the extreme, however...

The return of the compensating tenor horn. I've seen one online (a Boosey if memory serves, may have been a Besson) and I thought it was the coolest alto/tenor horn I had ever seen.

Specs could be .500" bore, bottom-sprung compensating valves, ~8" bell, wrapped more like the Geneva tenor horns that have a straighter leadpipe.

I'm not saying this should be done, but I think it would be a nice change in a market that, honestly, appears to be somewhat stagnant as far as design is concerned. They're all too similar!
Kevbach25
lurker
lurker

Previous

Return to TubeNet Sponsors