New Wessex Eb owners

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
eupho
4 valves
4 valves

New Wessex Eb owners

Post by eupho »

i would like to hear from any Wessex Eb(Gnagey, Danube, Bombino) owners who have received their new tubas. How is the build? How is the scale? How is the response in each register? Pros? Cons? Was it what you were hoping for? Thanks. Is anybody willing to show the new horn off ina video?
2052sg Euphonium-
2110L BBb tuba
3/4 Conn Eb tuba
Southern Tier Concert Band(euph)]
Vestal(NY) Community Band(tuba)
Maine(NY) Community Band(conductor)
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Re: New Wessex Eb owners

Post by hup_d_dup »

Wessex owns the single existing Gnagey unless it was sold at the end of ITEC.

I have a Wessex Solo (compensating Eb) and it's decent but I think the Gnagey is superior. The Gnagey (which I played at ITEC) has a more consistently open sound throughout the registers.

Build quality on my Solo is fine. I would prefer larger valve buttons but there is another version of this same model that has larger buttons (to accommodate the larger buttons the valve caps are different also).

Hup
Do you really need Facebook?
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Re: New Wessex Eb owners

Post by Wyvern »

hup_d_dup wrote:Wessex owns the single existing Gnagey unless it was sold at the end of ITEC.

I have a Wessex Solo (compensating Eb) and it's decent but I think the Gnagey is superior. The Gnagey (which I played at ITEC) has a more consistently open sound throughout the registers.

Build quality on my Solo is fine. I would prefer larger valve buttons but there is another version of this same model that has larger buttons (to accommodate the larger buttons the valve caps are different also).

Hup
All 2016 build piston valve Wessex tubas now have large valve buttons with 1 inch pearls.