Mouthpiece Adaptor

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Re: Mouthpiece Adaptor

Post by Wyvern »

TubaBum wrote:http://www.wessex-tubas.com/product/tub ... e-adaptor/" target="_blank

So separate topic here from my Amati thread..has anyone used one of these? Do they work?
We have not tried in Amati, but I rather suspect the receiver will be too big as larger than euro-shank
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

Take off your tin foil hat. Quit eating those special mushrooms.
boobentuben
bugler
bugler

Post by boobentuben »

boobentuben
bugler
bugler

Post by boobentuben »

TubaBum wrote:Looks like this site has a long way to greatness yet as long as the derailment brigade is still around. :roll:
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

58mark wrote:If you want to double-check get a set of calipers and measure the opening.
That is a good idea. If you send me the measurement then I can confirm if the Wessex adaptor will, or will not work without shipping to check.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Guys, come on! We spend $X,XXX.xx or even $XX,XXX.xx on instruments, $XXX.xx on all sorts of accessories and mouthpiece safaris, and there are two pages of discussion on a $25.00 part? (OK, $30 if you get gold)(and, OK, flat rate shipping)

Just buy one and see. If it doesn't work, flip it in the "for sale" section for $20 including postage. Or keep it for the next tuba.

When I went on a mouthpiece safari, I tried many mouthpieces that when they didn't work out I flipped for the same price or only slightly less than I paid. Many others here on the forum have done the same. Even with the cost of $6 to $7 for priority mail, in the end I was still out overall less than the average price of a new tuba mouthpiece at the end, and got to try many more mouthpieces than I would have otherwise, and got exactly what fits me, my instruments and my playing.

Also, just like if a person has a position in the market, but is always concerned about commissions, that person shouldn't be in the market. Likewise, if a person is concerned about shipping costs, then that person should play what he has or only shop locally and be satisfied with the Hobson's choice where the person lives.

Now, if we were talking about a $XXX tuba mute, I could see all this discussion as to fit and timbre. But a $25 part.... :roll:
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
boobentuben
bugler
bugler

Post by boobentuben »

que sera sera
Last edited by boobentuben on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.