Impressed with Wessex Bag

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
1ADSarge
bugler
bugler

Impressed with Wessex Bag

Post by 1ADSarge »

I finally got my gig bag from Wessex in the mail today and I have to say I'm awfully impressed at the quality of this bag. My tuba fit very snugly, the padding is thick and full, the zippers on the main compartment and pouches are of good quality, and the backpack option is just awesome! I was able to fit my music binder in one pocket and valve oil, slide grease, and the case that holds my three mouthpieces in the other without it bulging. Thanks Wessex for such a great bag at a seriously superb price!

Cheers,
Jared
"To reach Tuba Man at a moment's notice, Commissioner Gordon installed the now-famous Sousa-phone."
- Loose Parts by Gilpin and Blazek
1ADSarge
bugler
bugler

Re: Impressed with Wessex Bag

Post by 1ADSarge »

Here are some pics:

"To reach Tuba Man at a moment's notice, Commissioner Gordon installed the now-famous Sousa-phone."
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Really sweet bags!
1ADSarge
bugler
bugler

Post by 1ADSarge »

I got the ref.700 bag. It fit my tuba perfect. Any tighter and I might not have been able to fit it!

Cheers,
Jared
1ADSarge
bugler
bugler

Post by 1ADSarge »

Hey YORK-aholic, I have plenty of room in the valve section. If yours is a bit higher, you won't have any issues.

Cheers,
Jared
DonShirer
4 valves
4 valves

Post by DonShirer »

I agree it is a nice bag. Just a quick clarification about the music pouch. My music is in an 8.5x11" 3-hole binder. The binder will just fit in the pouch but the zippers won't close over it. So far, that has not been a problem.
Don Shirer
Westbrook, CT