JP gold brass F tubas at Mid-South Music, Inc.

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
sousaphonehero
bugler
bugler

Re: JP gold brass F tubas at Mid-South Music, Inc.

Post by sousaphonehero »

Is there any possibility of JP coming out with a piston F tuba?
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Or the 3/4 379b in BBb with pistons??
Eflatdoubler
bugler
bugler

Post by Eflatdoubler »

I just tried this horn at TMEA and all I can say is Wow! There was one at JP and another at another vendor. Both played the same and had rock solid pitch and ease of low register including a low f#! I am a trombone doubler who has played CC and most recently EE flat for a while but this FF tuba is pretty amazing in sound, evenness and ease of response and pitch. The linkage and paddles work great!!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

So, what is the tuba that made you decide to sell your Thor? Also a John Packer?
bigboymusic
3 valves
3 valves

Post by bigboymusic »

Just spent 36 hours making a 'raid' on Williston, TN. Went down to pick up a CC that Joe had (using his favorite word) tweaked a bit. As always, I am overly impressed with his work and the fact that his fixes are simple and high quality. The horn performs fantastic and I also picked up a Tenor Sax from the herd for my school... Band Directors don't forget he also can get you great other instruments....

Between that and a tour of the Bloke Estate (beautiful by the way, if you have never been there) a great morning! But the highlight without question was getting to play one of the Packer gold brass F tubas. I've read all the posts on the Packer quality and that it isn't 'your mom's' Chinese tuba, blablabla...

WOW!!!!!! I am now opening a new savings account for one purpose. I have always been an Eflat player and have not liked most rotor F's I've ever played. I am now going to make the change. The horn looks beautiful, but when you hold it and start working the valves, I would have bet money I had a European instrument in my hands. Absolutely smooth action, and not so fast that your fingers can't keep up with them. solid feel, and great intonation. But what really got me was the beautiful, effortless F tuba sound. That sound that I will admit, is very hard to duplicate on almost all Eflats. I know that I love the Packer BBflat MW copy, but this is now my favorite. I highly recommend that if you are in the market for a beautiful sounding F tuba that won't fight you, but will allow you to focus on music, you MUST give this baby a test run. You will not be disappointed. Unless, like me, you have to wait for the savings account to get there!!!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Oohhh... sounds nice! How much?