Both sturdy and reliable, our brand new premier SDT-30 Tuba Playing stand has no legs to fall over as with the usual tripod stands and locks secure at any height, so your tuba will always be safe and comfortable while playing.
Special Features include;
- No tripod legs to kick
- Safely lockable at desired height, so never slips while playing
- Allows the tuba to be turned while playing
- Circular Concave top to place tuba secure
- So strong it can even be used as inpromptu seat
- Bottom and top quickly detach for flat storage in case or gig bag pocket
- Use of stand provides maximum tuba sound projection
Chuck Nickles says about the stand;
This uses a number of different concepts. First the middle is threaded. This means that you can easily adjust it to any height. Plus it is impossible for it to slide down lower while you are playing, a normal problem on other stands.
Second the top has a recess on the top to allow the bottom bow to sit into it. The round design means there is no saddle that you must put the tuba in.
Third is the flat bottom. No more legs to get loose or trip on.
This stand is so strong you can sit on it with your tuba. Try that with any other tuba stand and see what happens!
The SDT-30 stand will sell for $85 and be available from June with Wessex Tubas taking orders now -
If you are coming to US Army workshop, see and try out the stand playing our new 6/4 Grand BBb tuba!