American and European CC Tubas For Sale

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

American and European CC Tubas For Sale

Post by Lee Stofer »

I am delighted to be offering my own Stofer CC tuba for sale, serial number 0002, as we are now working on serial numbers 0003 and 0004. This tuba represents the American concept of the general business tuba for the working professional, an instrument that is equally at home in the recording studio or on stage, whether large ensemble, small ensemble or solo performance. It is compact-enough for easy transport yet large-enough to fill any room with great sound, and is sturdy-enough to withstand daily use and travel. The first new tuba ever offered with MAW pistons, the instrument has a easy and direct response that is unlike any other tuba I've ever played in my 42 years of playing tuba. The response and intonation is profoundly secure. The ad for this tuba is at http://www.tubameister.com" target="_blank, or you can e-mail me at tubamacher@gmail.com" target="_blank for larger photos.

At this time I have two large American CC tubas in the shop, both Donatelli model Conn CC tubas made in Elkhart, Indiana. The serial numbers are three numbers away from each other, leading me to believe that the approximately five of these that were made in 1950/51 were probably all made at the same time. These are factory custom CC tubas based on the Conn Monster BBb tubas, not as large as the Conn 6/4 tubas, but what I'd refer to as a 5/4 model.

One of these fine tubas is in excellent condition, lacquered, and plays so well that it makes you wonder why they did not build more of them. The other Donatelli here is raw brass, still in virtually unused condition, as it is the Conn Factory Reference Model that hung on the wall in the Elkhart factory until bought when the factory closed, then stored in a closet in an Elkhart home for some 47 years until the estate sale of the owner. It was costly, as they knew what they had, but I managed to acquire it last year, very carefully clean it without destroying the original patina, and took it out and played it just enough to discover what a fabulous instrument it is. Both instruments are being offered for sale, and details about both can be found at http://www.tubameister.com" target="_blank
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Re: American and European CC Tubas For Sale

Post by Lee Stofer »

Then, it went to a player in the Washington, DC area, who is now downsizing to a smaller tuba, and so it is freshly-serviced and ready for a new owner to appreciate. She's a real beauty.
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.