John Packer instruments - thanks Bookmark and Share

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!

John Packer instruments - thanks

Postby bloke » Sun May 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks for ordering so many John Packer instruments from us.

With no website yet (even though, finally, we were able to secure "midsouthmusic-dot-com" a year or so ago), we seem to be selling, on average, a couple of JP instruments each week...mostly (seemingly) via word-of-mouth from TubeNet. 8)

"two-per-week", obviously, isn't huge, but it (as a mom-and-pop with no website) impresses us. Again, thanks!

I'm still really enjoying my own JP379FF (remarkably resembles - in appearance and quality - a B&S gold brass PT-15...down to the fit/finish of slides, rotors, and genuine Minibal links), which potentially offers a more "foundational/ensemble" sound - and a more easily accessible medium-low range - than my aging "Symphonie Modell". I used it recently at several commencement exercises, as well as a wedding. European-model-resembling resonance/intonation aside, it's just really nice to own/use a costs-half-or-less instrument that does ~NOT~ sport any annoying costs-half-or-less mechanical issues.

...and - for those of you who are Besson/B&H Sovereign euphonium fans (yet - as many of us are - lacking the $8K to acquire one) you should be "all over" the JP-Sterling euphonium (with or without main slide trigger) or the even lower-priced JP 2XX-series compensating euphonium (which more resembles the classic "Imperial" models).

band directors and friends-of-woodwind-players-who-are-encountering-difficulty-affording-doubling-instruments: Every time (as a "wild card") I order yet-another different woodwind instrument from JP, I'm (not just pleasantly surprised, but truly) shocked as to the extraordinary quality/playability/intonation for the stupid-low prices...
ex: the (strongly-resembles-Selmer/Paris,-except-it-is-plastic) low-C bass clarinet...wow...just WOW ! :shock: 8)
Last edited by bloke on Sun May 21, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: John Packer instruments - thanks

Postby Mark Finley » Sun May 21, 2017 2:41 pm

I can't say enough good things about the Packer 274s packer euphonium we purchased in February. The intonation, build quality, even the "feel" when you pick up the horn is up there with the best.

That makes three packer instruments for us in the last year, including a french horn and a flugelhorn that we look forward to its arrival. We're hooked!
Formerly 58Mark
Mark Finley
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Postby Eflatdoubler » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:26 pm

One of my students just received his JP Rath 332 open wrap large bore trombone tenor trombone today and I was very impressed with it. It plays well, and is very well constructed. The case is great too.
Tuning slides move well, and the valve lever allows for adjustability both vertically and horizontally to allow for more comfort if needed.
The hand slide is as good as any of my other horns that cost 4x as much!
Thanks again !!
Matt
Eflatdoubler
bugler
bugler

Postby bloke » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks, Matt...

...and - thanks to you, I suspect - yet another same-model instrument (as of yesterday) is on it's way to yet another student.

The new two-rotor Rath bass trombones, btw, are selling faster than they can be produced.
bloke

Postby Mark Finley » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:28 pm

bloke wrote:Thanks, Matt...

...and - thanks to you, I suspect - yet another same-model instrument (as of yesterday) is on it's way to yet another student.

The new two-rotor Rath bass trombones, btw, are selling faster than they can be produced.

they are out on the market already? I thought it was going to be christmas! :shock:
Formerly 58Mark
Mark Finley
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Return to TubeNet Sponsors