Jonathan... Bookmark and Share

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!

Jonathan...

Postby bloke » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:02 pm

If you take the northern route to TX (approx. same time / avoids Atlanta) - and need a place to stay on the 9th - let me know.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: Jonathan...

Postby Ken Herrick » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:14 pm

bloke wrote:If you take the northern route to TX (approx. same time / avoids Atlanta) - and need a place to stay on the 9th - let me know.

Got room for a fly on the wall if this happens?
Ken Herrick
4 valves
4 valves

Postby Mark Finley » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 pm

I've been on the receiving end of Bloke's hospitality. Jonathan, take him up on his offer if you can. He has a great place, you won't regret it
Mark Finley
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Postby Wyvern » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks for the offer Bloke. Just saw you post. You were right to avoid Atlanta - the traffic around there is not good.

When next coming your way, I will be pleased to take up your offer.

PS I am now near Birmingham, GA
See our fantastic new website at www.Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Postby the elephant » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Birmingham, AL. ;-)

So it looks like you might be a heading my way? Are you taking IH20 to Tyler, TX and the backroad cutoff to Waco, then south on IH35 through Austin and then on to San Antonio? Or are you taking IH59 south from Meridian, MS and heading down to IH12 and IH10 from Baton Rouge to Houston and then San Antonio?

If you take the middle route you will pass within an hour of me. If you take the southern route (via Houston) You will be within two hours of me.

Safe travels! The traffic will be horrendous in Houston. The fastest way is to take the cutoff between Tyler and Waco and then go south. But any way you go there will likely be terrible traffic in some spots. Whichever route you choose, try to avoid going south from Dallas as IH35 is just miserable in many spots - dreadfully slow and congested due to decades-long construction/expansion projects. Check along the way to see what is up with 35 if you plan on being on it at all.

Have a frozen margarita for me. San Antonio is my hometown!
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby Mark Finley » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:02 pm

He's going to be in dfw on Saturday, he really doesn't have a choice about 35
Mark Finley
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Postby the elephant » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Mark Finley wrote:He's going to be in dfw on Saturday, he really doesn't have a choice about 35

Oooo that sort of sucks, then. Well, it is not the end of the world. So he will then pass through Jackson? Jonathan, when will you be passing through? Sounds like about four hours if you drive through the night. If you stop soon please post when you might be going through Jackson or Vicksburg. I am an hour away from both, and with adequate notice could meet you if you stop for gas or food in the area. A quickie meet is better than nothing. I'm not looking for you to unload anything. I don't need to test anything. I just wanted to say hello face-to-face. If you do not have planned stops in either town that is fine. I know how it is to keep a schedule.

Again, safe travels!

:tuba:
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby Wyvern » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:32 pm

I reckon I will pass Jackson about midday on Friday. PM me your cell number Wade if you are available to meet, and I can let you know more precise time. Maybe we can meet for quick lunch, or a coffee somewhere just of IH20W?
See our fantastic new website at www.Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Postby the elephant » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:55 pm

There are some okay places to eat along IH20 in Pearl (adjacent to Jackson on the east side, so closer to you). I don't answer my cell these days, so I will PM my number to you, and you can PM yours back to me so that I will know it is you when you call. I may not be available until you have passed through as I am teaching all morning about two hours north of town. But we can try to set up something. It would be a good thing if we can manage it.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby bloke » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:40 pm

We should all always try to put each other up...

None of our tuba brethren need motel bedbugs, motel flu, or motel even-more-disgusting-things-that-shouldn't-be-mentioned-here.
bloke

Return to TubeNet Sponsors