bloke blather - early April 2018 Bookmark and Share

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!

bloke blather - early April 2018

Postby bloke » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:42 pm

- Mouthpiece order shipments are caught up. (Thanks to you, you, you, and you for your patience...I'm really obsessed with finishing building my new cimbasso.)

- We're very excited about one new very prominent mouthpiece customer (who, reportedly, hasn't "mouthpiece shopped" in decades). More on that later.

- Ever since we first established Mid-South Music, Inc. in the late 1970's, we've had the policy of "no payment accepted until the merchandise/service is ready to deliver". That's going to remain the same with a few exceptions: some John Packer instruments, which - due to popularity of certain models - were selling out the warehouse stock as soon as it's restocked... so we may ask for payment for some JP instruments when a "wait" will be involved in delivering them. We'll see how that works, but there needs to be some way of holding people's places in line. That having been said, I'm afraid that it may cause complaints and impatience (well...eagerness, not "impatience"), and - in the past - no one could complain that much, because we didn't have any of their money. :|
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: bloke blather - early April 2018

Postby winston » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:35 am

Any word on one-piece silver-plated brass mouthpieces?
winston
pro musician
pro musician

Postby bort » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:21 am

Or your mystery customer?
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Postby Three Valves » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:03 am

"You Swedish Tease!!"

Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Postby bloke » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Hopefully, some "economy" choices of blokepieces will be available soon, but the first prototypes have not even been fabricated.
Realize this: EXTREMELY limited options with the most economical versions (just as with "all other mouthpieces which are more economical").
I believe our "prestigious new customer" is still picking/choosing. I sent quite a few tinkertoy parts to them.
bloke

Return to TubeNet Sponsors