What does a Sellmansberger CUP EXTENDER RING look like?

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
PlayTheTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: What does a Sellmansberger CUP EXTENDER RING look like?

Post by PlayTheTuba »

I am interested in pictures showing how to release tightly-torqued or long-time-screwed-together components. As long as it is not bothersome for you.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

For me, the extenders work like a carburetor spacer on an intake manifold: too thick, and you get great tone but lose response. Too thin, and the tone is not improved noticeably. I bought one and shaved it with sandpaper to get a balance that suits me very well on my 2-piece Imperial and Lexan Modified Helleberg 32.6 rim.
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Steve Marcus »

The extender has been useful in defining the sound concept. If I want to blend more with the trombones, somewhat like the role of a cimbasso, I’ll remove the extender. If conductor, principal trombone, and player are happy with tuba as a more distinctive, defined sound, the extender goes back in.
Steve Marcus
http://www.facebook.com/steve.marcus.88
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
PlayTheTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by PlayTheTuba »

To Bloke:

By any chance did you ever get pictures showing how to release tightly-torqued or long-time-screwed-together components? If you haven't been able to I understand, you have lots of responsibilities with mouthpieces, gigs, fixing instruments etc.
I hope what I wrote doesn't come off as rude, mean, or snobbish. I just couldn't come up with a better way to word it.