selling off project parts or ad-hoc "kits" Bookmark and Share

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!

selling off project parts or ad-hoc "kits"

Postby bloke » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:27 pm

They are what they are.

If I offer to order stuff to go with them from a specific factory, I will need you to supply a parts list (part numbers and descriptions), along with enough money to cover the order (as there really isn't a published parts price list, I would need to look over your list - parts description and part numbers, make an educated guess, and - when the bill arrives - either refund over-payment to you - whomever "you" end up being - or ask for additional funds).

:arrow: The reason that I'm offering this stuff for sale is because I don't have time to do the projects of which I'm attempting to rid myself. Making up tangential parts lists for someone's else project requires a great deal of time.

...but bloke...look at all the time you WASTE posting here!
yes, but I'm screwing around here waiting for answers to emails/texts/messages and/or call-back phone numbers related to business...and (well...) I actually took a "typing class" about 47 years ago, and can type nearly as fast as I can talk...thus the stupid-long posts that I leave here.

I'm not a parts supplier, other than THESE parts listed as for sale (in the bit-by-bit "bloke's tuba parts yard sale". I tried offering a few little accessory-type things for sale and even charging (what I viewed to be) a lot for those things, it was disruptive.

I play the tuba (and related instruments) for money, sell instruments (new/used), repair instruments (that are brought here by those needing them repaired...even if they drive here from hundreds of miles away, and do not accept shipped-in repairs), and sell my signature mouthpieces...and yeah (along with a few other makes) I enjoy selling JP instruments, because their pricing is reasonable, and their quality is exceptional...which means that I don't have to tear every single one out of its shipping carton before selling it - just to make sure it's not crap...yet another example of something that helps me (and my customers) out without eating up inordinate amounts of my time (read: "time" as "life"). I also do not fix up other folks' eBay treasures, or instruments that are bought to be resold (as "buying instruments to resell" is what :arrow: I do, and it just doesn't seem to make much sense to compete with myself).

I don't currently have odds-and-ends of tuba parts available other than those that I'm offering for sale.
I do have some more things to offer later, but I'm trying to offer only two or thing "things" or "kits" at a time, in order to avoid chaos, as this is a "yard sale" type of thing, and not what I "do".

Sending me messages or emails asking me if I'll make exceptions to any of the above is NOT annoying. Please send messages. If I don't answer them, the likely answer is "sorry, no". That having been said, I try to live by "guidelines", but not by "rules".

Finally, please do not be annoyed with me. Life is REALLY funny. God OBVIOUSLY has a TREMENDOUS sense of humor, which is WHY I believe he created us...for a very similar reason as why we bring home kittens and puppies...to make us smile and laugh. Please laugh at-and-with me, and please allow me to laugh at-and-with you.

:D
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: selling off project parts or ad-hoc "kits"

Postby toobagrowl » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:48 pm

bloke wrote:
Sending me messages or emails asking me if I'll make exceptions to any of the above is NOT annoying. Please send messages. If I don't answer them, the likely answer is "sorry, no". That having been said, I try to live by "guidelines", but not by "rules".

No wonder you didn't reply to my pm. What a slack-ass :D
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Re: selling off project parts or ad-hoc "kits"

Postby bloke » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:20 am

toobagrowl wrote:
bloke wrote:

No wonder you didn't reply to my pm. What a slack-ass :D

I may have something for you (not previously known)...I sent you a note...
bloke

Return to TubeNet Sponsors