B&S, MW, Besson now at Buddy Roger's

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
thatawkwardtuba
lurker
lurker

Re: B&S, MW, Besson now at Buddy Roger's

Post by thatawkwardtuba »

I was just at Buddy Roger's to buy some valve oil, and saw the MRP F, and immediately gravitated towards it. If I had the money, I would have bought this horn in a heartbeat. This MRP is one of the best F tubas I've ever played, hands down.
tubaport
bugler
bugler

Post by tubaport »

Stopped by and played all the instruments currently available at Buddy Rodgers. If you live in the midwest, it's definitely worth a visit. The Mr. P F tuba is a superb example of the make and definitely has an easier low range than the older German F tubas of the past. Also, they have a 4/4 Eastman CC that many will find as a perfect all around instrument. Both the 4/4 Eastman and JP 4/4 CC in stock play very easily. They also have the full Tucci mouthpiece line available.

All in all, you'll definitely find something you like, so take a visit.
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Chris Olka »

Just swung by the shop yesterday to drop and pick up a tuba or two for some work by Chris Hite. The GR51 I played was really nice and the Eastman 6324/4 CC they had was one of the best I’ve ever played! Chris is putting Buddy Rogers on the map as a tuba shop!
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony
Will Jones
bugler
bugler

Post by Will Jones »

I really liked the GR51 also - It felt like I couldn't miss a note. My next favorite horn was a surprise - the "Accent" BBb. I think it was this one: http://accentmusicalinstruments.com/pro ... 980l-tuba/" target="_blank. I might have my horns mixed up, but I think it was a clone of the current King 2341. It played remarkably well for a budget horn.