Exceptional Rudolf Meinl CC For Sale

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Exceptional Rudolf Meinl CC For Sale

Post by Lee Stofer »

Today, I'm finishing the cleaning and detail work on an exceptional tuba, a Rudolf Meinl Convention Model 4/4 CC. A one-owner instrument, Paul May, who has recently retired from playing, picked up his new instrument at the factory in Diespeck, Bavaria, West Germany in September 1985. Except for the bronze rotors and back bearing plates, the rest of the instrument is literally rose brass and nickel-silver. It has a nickel-silver bell rim, the most extensive and beautiful bell engraving I've ever seen on a Rudi, solid nickel-silver rotor casings, inner- and outer slide tubes, oversized Alex-style braces, and solid nickel-silver stop arms and small parts. Besides the bell, the valve levers, rotor casing tops and bottom caps are all engraved. I'm smoothing-out a couple of very minor dings in the body, but the instrument has never had a significant dent, and the bell has escaped being dented or creased, just amazing for a nearly 35-year-old instrument. It comes with the original Jacob Winter hard case, Rudolf Meinl M1 mouthpiece and a Tilz M14, both in just excellent condition. With a .768" bore, 18" bell, and standing 37.5" tall, this is a 5/4 instrument that is a little larger than my Conn Donatelli 5/4 CC, although it is lighter in weight. The sound is large and very colorful, quite rich and resonant, very pleasing to my ear when playing it.
master
This instrument is the best of the hand-maker's art, made by the master from the finest metals, and will be available later today, as soon as I finish preparing it. The price is $14,000.00. If you are seriously interested in owning one of the very best hand-made professional CC tubas, please feel free to call me at (563) 321-0642 to discuss this.
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Exceptional Rudolf Meinl CC For Sale

Post by bort »

cktuba wrote:If I had the money this would already be gone.
You, me, and a whole lot of other people. :tuba:

BTW, there was a Rudy Meinl similar to this that sold here about 7-10 years ago. I can't find the post or the photos, might have been deleted during the big cleanout of for sale ads. I believe it was in New Jersey...? It was absolutely stunning!
groovlow
bugler
bugler

Post by groovlow »

More pics on site below
enjoy
https://tubameister.com/rudolf-meinl-cu ... 4-cc-tuba/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Dammit, I love that tuba.

Question -- why did Rudy decide to make a showpiece from what is arguably one of his *less* popular models?

The 3/4 and 5/4 CC models are far more popular and highly regarded. Same for the F tuba models... Maybe there were other convention models in other keys, but this is the 2nd 4/4 CC that I have seen.

Don't get me wrong, this tuba is stunning, and I'm sure it plays as good as it looks. Just curious why a less popular model was chosen to give this level of attention.

Dammit, I love that tuba! :tuba:
Billy M.
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Billy M. »

This horn is now in the hands of its new owner.
Romans 3:23-24

Billy Morris
Rudolf Meinl Model 45, Musikmesse Horn
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb (19" Bell)
1968 Besson New Standard Eb (15" Bell)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Billy M. wrote:This horn is now in the hands of its new owner.
...and it will remain tightly clutched in said hands for an indeterminate amount of time. Stunning tuba! :tuba:
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

bort wrote:
...and it will remain tightly clutched in said hands for an indeterminate amount of time. Stunning tuba! :tuba:
Bort, did you buy another rotary CC?? ;)
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Tubajug wrote:
bort wrote:
Bort, did you buy another rotary CC?? ;)
This one is definitely not with me, but I do know who bought it, and I am very very happy for him!