cimbasso (contrabass valve trombone) mouthpiece

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
T. J. Ricer
pro musician
pro musician

Re: cimbasso (contrabass valve trombone) mouthpiece

Post by T. J. Ricer »

Barely related question: does the Atlas-holding-up-the-world logo still exist on any products or did that end with the two piece Solo cup?
Thomas J. Ricer, DMA
Royal Hawaiian Band - University of Hawaii at Manoa - Yamaha Performing Artist

http://www.TJRicer.com

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -John Lennon
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Bob Kolada »

Joe, have you tried a "traditional" contrabass trombone mouthpiece (something around 30mm)?
johnmckevitt
bugler
bugler

Post by johnmckevitt »

FWIW I use a Sellmansberger #2 32.6mm profundo rim with Imperial cup and British shank
on my Mirafone BBbb COntrabass slide trombone. SInce I switched to the Houser/ BLoke/Parker/ MO components on my Contra and BBbb Tubas everything has improved. Tone , Upper and Lower registers , Consistency of attacks, etc,... Thanks Joe , Dave Houser, Michael Parker. The COnventional COntra mouthpieces were too small and inefficient. Bach 30CB, Marc 106 &107 even a 31.50 mm DE mouthpiece. What also worked well b4 I switched was the SMall fitting DW #1 and 2 models. Both those pieces and the Houser/ Bloke are considered Eb Tuba mpcs( according to the Catalog's) and FOR ME work much better on my COntra . AS I said FWIW. Just my 2 cents worth