Wessex New Chicago Showroom open to visit Bookmark and Share

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!

Wessex New Chicago Showroom open to visit

Postby Wyvern » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:33 pm

Steve Marcus playing a Wessex “Prokofiev” in the new Wessex Showroom in Roselle, a western suburb of Chicago. It’s close to several major highways with no need to drive through the City of Chicago. It’s a short drive from the terminals at O’Hare. If you are coming from the Loop, the Milwaukee West METRA train brings you from Union Station to Roselle Station—just a few steps from the Showroom.

We’ve arranged a special corporate rate for Wessex guests at the full-featured Holiday Inn Chicago-West (Itasca), which is 5 minutes from the Showroom via their free shuttle or your car. There are also some fine restaurants in the immediate area.

Hours at the Wessex Showroom are by appointment only to avoid the “elephant room syndrome,” to assure that the model(s) that you wish to test-play are on display, and to offer privacy while you enjoy the Wessex instruments.

To schedule an appointment, please call (616) 843-6888 or email SteveM@Wessex-Tubas.com.

The aesthetics and acoustics at the new Wessex Showroom are attractive and inviting. Come and visit us for an enjoyable musical experience.
Attachments
1B40B95F-A5A8-4CA4-8054-5164B7BE1053.jpeg
www.Wessex-Tubas.com
Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Opus@Wessex-Tubas.com
Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com
Technical Advice and Parts: Dacapo@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Re: Wessex New Chicago Showroom open to visit

Postby Three Valves » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:16 pm

1. Cubs Game
2. Beef sandwich
3. Visit Wessex
Who needs four valves??

Mack Brass Artiste
MackBrunner 210L
TU25
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Postby Wyvern » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:31 pm

Three Valves wrote:1. Cubs Game
2. Beef sandwich
3. Visit Wessex

There is a Pizza place next door, and a park behind where the kids can play
www.Wessex-Tubas.com
Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Opus@Wessex-Tubas.com
Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com
Technical Advice and Parts: Dacapo@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Postby Mark Finley » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 pm

2. Beef sandwich
3. Visit Wessex

I couple years ago my son and I drove from Dallas to Chicago for a weekend. We saw the Rangers play the cubs, went to the hancock building (refuse to call it by the new name) went to MSI, and ate nothing but stuffed pizza and portillos
Great weekend.

Link for pics
https://m.facebook.com/markfinley/album ... =bookmarks
Mark Finley
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Postby tofu » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:07 am

Mark Finley wrote:
2. Beef sandwich
3. Visit Wessex

I couple years ago my son and I drove from Dallas to Chicago for a weekend. We saw the Rangers play the cubs, went to the hancock building (refuse to call it by the new name) went to MSI, and ate nothing but stuffed pizza and portillos
Great weekend.

Link for pics
https://m.facebook.com/markfinley/album ... =bookmarks" target="_blank" target="_blank

Hancock doesn't have a new name -other than there was a deal to sell it and they removed the Hancock name from the building in early 2018 and in the interim it has been known only by its street address of 875 Michigan Ave. But that deal with Sterling Bay fell through in late Dec 2018 and was terminated so the building ownership reverted back to it's long time owner Hearn Co and the talk at that time was the name might go back up - but I haven't heard anything since. Perhaps you meant Sears Tower - now called Willis - although that may change as Willis got the naming rights for only 15 years back in 2009 - which means they cease in 2024 and since Blackstone bought the building in 2015 it's likely the name will change again. Willis got the rights for free as part of the deal as firms after 9/11 were reluctant to take space in what had been on the attackers list of likely targets. Names change - I mean if you want to stick to original names then you can't call the home of the Cubs - Wrigley Field because it's original name was Weeghman Field. I'm sure the Ricketts Family has more than once thought about selling the naming rights since they have worked hard to monetize just about everything else associated with the Cubs. The gum company has to appreciate all those decades of free advertising since William Jr sold it to the Tribune and then they to the Ricketts.
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Return to TubeNet Sponsors