Mack Brass has some new additions

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Mack Brass has some new additions

Post by MackBrass »

We are pleased to announce the additions of some new tubas to our lineup that I am sure will make some new owners very happy. We have just added the following tubas:

TU422 - 3/4 4 piston BBb for only $1995.00. This is exclusive only to Mack Brass and will be available with new inventory arriving in Ocrober 2019. We do have the first one ever made for production available for only $1795.00 plus shipping.

TU220 3/4 4 rotor BBb tuba. Although we have been selling this at $1895.00 for the past several years, I thought it would be nice to finally add it.

Zo5000, our new 5/4 YorkaZo 4 piston BBb. This is probably the best BBb tuba I have ever played and I am sure those who buy it will agree. We still have 2 that are not spoken for arriving in about 5 weeks.

ZO 5/4 4 rotary. If you like the MWThor then here is an amazing tuba that will give you the same type of feel, size and sound but in BBb. The body and bell are almost identical in size to the small bell version of the Thor.

TU421s - 3/4 5v CC 4 piston 1 rotor with 16 inch bell. Our first batch that arrived a few weeks ago is almost sold out. Exclusive only to Mack Brass.

6/4 CC Thunderbird. Only 1 left in stock with more arriving in about 5 weeks.

Zo 4/4 CC Little Thunderbird York style. For the CC tuba, this will blow you away as I consider it to be the best 4/4 available anywhere. This is the model that is making me want to practice again.

For more details please visit us at http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank.
Last edited by MackBrass on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707
doddyhop
bugler
bugler

Re: Mack Brass has some new additions

Post by doddyhop »

Screenshots of the 4/4 CC Little Thunderbird please?
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by MackBrass »

doddyhop wrote:Screenshots of the 4/4 CC Little Thunderbird please?

They will be up soon.
Tom McGrady
804-926-7707
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by MackBrass »

Mark Finley wrote:whatever happened with the other ZO CC tubas? Don't see them on your site
We just finalized the prototype abiut 2 months before the conference and it sold to someone in the Army Field Band. We have some in the water now so once they arrive we will have new pics up on the site. The current pics we have were from before any changes were made so we decided not to post them. I will reach out to ZO and if they have some updated pics we will post them.

I can tell you that at the conference that the 4/4+ CC was a hit and I could have probably sold 10 of them if they were ready. Keeping in mind that this horn has been almost two years in the making to get it just right and we wanted to make sure it was ready for the public when we brought it out.

I do have another 4/4+ CC that is exactly the same as what we sold at the conference but I need to anneal and bend a new leadpipe for it. Trying to anneal without taking off any silver is a challenge but with patience it can be done. Doing this by hand wont look exactly like the factory finished product but I may be able to get close to it. At the very least, it will be only a matter of time when these will officially be up on the site but we have to play them first just to make sure they are what we want.

The other horns we brought that were very impressive were our new symphony model F tubas. We had a 5 and 6v version of the original symphony we used to base the design from and they are exceptional.

The YorkaZo 5/4 spoke for itself and is truly and amazing tuba.
Tom McGrady
804-926-7707
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

It was great seeing the new stuff at the conference. I didn’t meet up with Tom but Chris was there and I got to s/w him and try the new and old BBbs.
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by MackBrass »

Doc wrote:Is the Symphony F the same increasing bore, dimensions, etc. as the B&S Symphonie? 6v will have a 4+2 option? Sheet brass?

The 5v and 6v options both have the 17mm to 21 mm graduated bore so in the end there are 5 different bore sizes. You can take each tuning slide and insert it into the next valves slide just like the original handmade symphony.

6v option will be a 4 + 2 combo.
Tom McGrady
804-926-7707
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by MackBrass »

Doc wrote:
MackBrass wrote:
Doc wrote:Is the Symphony F the same increasing bore, dimensions, etc. as the B&S Symphonie? 6v will have a 4+2 option? Sheet brass?

The 5v and 6v options both have the 17mm to 21 mm graduated bore so in the end there are 5 different bore sizes. You can take each tuning slide and insert it into the next valves slide just like the original handmade symphony.

6v option will be a 4 + 2 combo.
Sweet! Any idea when the first ones will hit the states?
We have a 5v and a 6v right now and I have more on order that will be shipped out on the 22nd off this month.
Tom McGrady
804-926-7707