Superfine Handcrafted Cases is born!

TubeNet Sponsors make TubeNet possible!
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Superfine Handcrafted Cases is born!

Post by greenbean »

Hi Tubenetters!

I would like to announce that I have started a new company to make gig bags for brass and other instruments. I have been experimenting with gig bags for a few years and my partner in this endeavor, Adolfo, has made thousands of bags for other companies for almost 30 years. We think our bags are the highest quality bags available anywhere in the world. Please check out our offerings on our web site:www.superfinecases.com.

Tubnetters get a 20% discount now through the end of June on the quite-reasonable prices that you will find on our Prices page.

We are currently making leather and Cordura tuba bags in top-loading or side-loading designs, as well bags for trumpet, flugelhorn, trombones, euphonium, and tuba.

Also, we are finishing up the development of a Bass Guitar bag this week. For you doublers!

Superfine cases are made entirely by hand using only the finest US-made materials. We have searched extensively to identify suppliers whose products meet our exacting standards. We use genuine Cordura 1000 Denier fabric, US top-grain cowhide, compression-resistant polyurethane technical foam, Tex 135 industrial thread, all-steel hardware, and YKK zippers. Our cases are made entirely in our shop in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our craftsmen, Tom and Adolfo, do all the pattern-making, measuring, cutting, and stitching right in our shop. When you buy a Superfine Handcrafted Case you can be sure you are getting a superior product made right here in California.

Repair Work

Handsewn instrument cases don't often have problems. But when they do, we can help. We can usually repair older handsewn cases and bags. Contact us if you have a case in need of repair. We might ask for photos or to see the case in person, if you live locally, to make an evaluation. If your case needs extensive work, it might be more cost effective to replace it. But if you talk to us, we can help you understand your options.

Tom Rice
Sonic Brass
3516 Macdonald Ave
Richmond, CA 94805
tom.sonicbrass@gmail.com" target="_blank
415-570-3753
Makers of Superfine Handcrafted Cases
http://www.superfinecases.com" target="_blank
-----
Tom Rice
http://www.superfinecases.com
Mirafone 184 BBb
B&M Marzan BBb
1974 Besson Eb
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Superfine Handcrafted Cases is born!

Post by Ltrain »

Please make a sousaphone gig bag. And please make a sousaphone gig bag where the top of the accessory pouch faces up when it’s on your back.
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
1963 King 1250 Sousaphone ("Jackie O")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Founder, L Train Brass Band
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Just a quick note... I've had one of these cases (top-loader tuba case, cordura) in my house for about a week.

It's the real deal! Absolutely love it!

Highest quality materials, Cronkhite-level padding, and excellent construction... And built by a tuba player so it's very well thought out and designed.

Will post more as I spend more time with it. But this gig bag is really quite excellent.

More soon, ask me questions if you want.
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Post by greenbean »

Sousaphone? For sure! Helicon? er... Maybe!

Sometime in the next 3-4 weeks we will develop the sousaphone bag. Feel free to send me your thoughts on what a great bags should have. Upside-down pocket? Yeah, we fix that. But I would love to hear what you guys want!
-----
Tom Rice
Mirafone 184 BBb
B&M Marzan BBb
1974 Besson Eb
Kirley
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Kirley »

Regarding sousaphone bags:

The placement and adjustability of the backpack straps is crucial. They need to be placed lower on the bag (so it sits higher) and be shorter than most manufacturers seem to think. The old Protec is an extreme example of this. An adjustable chest strap, like you find on backpacking equipment, would be great.

One design feature that I haven't seen yet that I think would be really helpful is if seams could be strategically placed to allow the bag to fold up a bit for storage. Lots of times you get to a gig and there just aren't a whole lot of places to stash a giant floppy sousaphone bag.

I've got plenty more opinions on this topic. I also have a few different horns and 3 different gig bags that you can check out. I'd love to help you design a much better product if you're interested.
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Post by greenbean »

I PM-ed you, Kirley.
-----
Tom Rice
Mirafone 184 BBb
B&M Marzan BBb
1974 Besson Eb
tubazach07

Post by tubazach07 »

Just ordered and paid for a side loading bag in Cordura for my Stofer/Getzen CB50. Can’t wait to get it. Emailing Tom was easy and straight forward. Plus with 20% off it makes for a great deal!