SOLD: BOOSEY & HAWKES BESSON IMPERIAL EUPHONIUM Bookmark and Share

Sell and Buy equipment via eBay

Moderator: Uber Moderators

SOLD: BOOSEY & HAWKES BESSON IMPERIAL EUPHONIUM

Postby khurst » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:18 am

NO LONGER AVAILABLE - the euphonium has sold on eBay for the Buy It Now price.

Link to eBay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0149034060

I'm reluctantly selling my Boosey & Hawkes Besson Imperial Euphonium - silver plated 4 valve compensating with 11" bell, serial number 767-706*** which I think was produced in the mid 1980s but I'm not sure and I haven't had any luck trying to find a database to identify its manufacture date. I'm reluctant to sell it because I really don't like to sell any of my musical instruments - to me they become like a part of the family. I'm primarily a trombone player now and I just don't play it enough anymore to justify keeping it around although I love to play it. It's a beautiful instrument in very good shape and should be immediately usable. The hard case is in good shape and serves its function more than adequately. I have a Yamaha 52D mouthpiece with adapter for the large shank leadpipe and I will also throw in my large shank Schilke 51D mouthpiece as well. Hopefully someone out there will be able to give it a lot of good use. Bidding is starting at $2800.00 plus shipping charges and mandatory insurance and a "Buy It Now" price of $3395.00 plus shipping and mandatory insurance which is below the value of this instrument. Remember the "Buy It Now" price will disappear and will not be available once someone submits a beginning bid.

This instrument is the real thing - THE Besson euphonium widely used as a solo and section instrument by professional brass musicians in bands throughout the world. I understand that this is a fairly rare model of Besson euphonium. I have played on three or more Bessons from several different eras, both compensating and non-compensating while I was in high school and college and this instrument has been my favorite of all those Bessons.

PayPal only please. I will ship only to US and Canadian buyers.

This instrument is in good shape; however I have attempted to identify the few flaws with the photos I have provided. If you are interested I can email a short sound file to demonstrate the tone of the instrument. For these reasons I am not accepting returns unless you believe I've totally misrepresented the instrument in my description of it. I would recommend that if you are in the local DFW, Texas area that you make arrangements with me to see and play the euphonium before submitting a bid.

Thanks for taking a look at this auction and for your bid!
khurst

Return to eBay