Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals

Postby khurst » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:18 am

NO LONGER AVAILABLE - the euphonium has sold on eBay for the Buy It Now price.

Link to eBay listing: ... 0149034060

I'm reluctantly selling my Boosey & Hawkes Besson Imperial Euphonium - silver plated 4 valve compensating with 11" bell, serial number 767-706*** which I think was produced in the mid 1980s but I'm not sure and I haven't had any luck trying to find a database to identify its manufacture date. I'm reluctant to sell it because I really don't like to sell any of my musical instruments - to me they become like a part of the family. I'm primarily a trombone player now and I just don't play it enough anymore to justify keeping it around although I love to play it. It's a beautiful instrument in very good shape and should be immediately usable. The hard case is in good shape and serves its function more than adequately. I have a Yamaha 52D mouthpiece with adapter for the large shank leadpipe and I will also throw in my large shank Schilke 51D mouthpiece as well. Hopefully someone out there will be able to give it a lot of good use. Bidding is starting at $2800.00 plus shipping charges and mandatory insurance and a "Buy It Now" price of $3395.00 plus shipping and mandatory insurance which is below the value of this instrument. Remember the "Buy It Now" price will disappear and will not be available once someone submits a beginning bid.

This instrument is the real thing - THE Besson euphonium widely used as a solo and section instrument by professional brass musicians in bands throughout the world. I understand that this is a fairly rare model of Besson euphonium. I have played on three or more Bessons from several different eras, both compensating and non-compensating while I was in high school and college and this instrument has been my favorite of all those Bessons.

PayPal only please. I will ship only to US and Canadian buyers.

This instrument is in good shape; however I have attempted to identify the few flaws with the photos I have provided. If you are interested I can email a short sound file to demonstrate the tone of the instrument. For these reasons I am not accepting returns unless you believe I've totally misrepresented the instrument in my description of it. I would recommend that if you are in the local DFW, Texas area that you make arrangements with me to see and play the euphonium before submitting a bid.

Thanks for taking a look at this auction and for your bid!

Return to Off-Site deals and Ads