Tuba Scholarships

The bulk of the musical talk
sailracer90
bugler
bugler

Tuba Scholarships

Post by sailracer90 »

Hi, does anyone know of any good tuba scholarships? I REALLY need some help for college (undergrad). The schools I'm looking at are LSU, UGA, Alabama, and Tennessee. I live in GA, so I mostly need help on the other three. Any suggestions? Thanks
Jacob Samuel McCabe
LSU Undergraduate Tuba Performance Major
GEAUX TIGERS!!
tubashaman2
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Tuba Scholarships

Post by tubashaman2 »

Last edited by tubashaman2 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miraphone 1291CC
PT 10S (Made in East Germany, GDR)
YFB 621S
sailracer90
bugler
bugler

Post by sailracer90 »

Thanks, Actually, LSU pretty much put me at in-state due to an academic scholarship of a little under $9k making it cheaper than UGA right now... Im just worried about getting into the LSU and UGA music schools. LSU is accepting 3 undergrad tubas, and UGA is accepting 2. UT already gave me their music scholarship and i missed the academic scholarship deadline for both UT and Alabama... All my auditions are done, last one was Alabama today.
Jacob Samuel McCabe
LSU Undergraduate Tuba Performance Major
GEAUX TIGERS!!
Chris Smith
bugler
bugler

Post by Chris Smith »

A good way to search for scholarships is to go to sites such as http://www.scholarships.com/. There is a lot of money out there you just need to apply. Sometimes scholarships don't even get awarded because no one applies.
Dan Castillo
bugler
bugler

Post by Dan Castillo »

How are your grades? Since you are in state, if you maintain a "B" average the state of Georgia will pay your tuition. I'm assuming that the HOPE scholarship still exists of course. It was nice...I never had to pay tuition while I was at UGA.
CWessel188
lurker
lurker

Post by CWessel188 »

I think Scholarships for tuba playing are dependent of the school. For example, I received $1600 from Chris Olka and the tuba studio at UW Seattle, and $5000 from the music dept at Pacific Lutheran University. For both of them I had to go to the campus and audition for their music staff.

I also flew out to Northwestern to audition, but that was for the music dept and I don't beleive they give out music scholarships.
Miraphone 188CC 5V + G&W Caber