Unknown UPS Shipment

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
soyezu
bugler
bugler

Re: Unknown UPS Shipment

Post by soyezu »

My wife bought a piccolo from WWBW about a month ago and it was listed in the UPS email as coming from "MUSIC & AUDIO DISTRIBUTION" in Kansas City, Mo.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

Such a thing happened to me recently. A shipment from Amazon showed up as being prepared for shipment until several hours after it was delivered.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

the elephant wrote:Well, the tail wags the dog, I guess. That has to be my gig bag. Of course, it is listed as having NOT been processed, much less having been shipped, from both ends (WWBW and Amazon).

Whatever. I will have my bag tomorrow, I guess, and am very happy about that. :tuba:
Maybe you'll get two for the price of one!
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Post by tofu »

Perhaps it's a major award you won.

You probably know this already, but you can go to the UPS website and give them specific instructions of where you want them to leave it as well as set up various text/email/phone messages from them as to delivery status etc. Perhaps you have a trusted neighbor who is home all day that you could instruct them to leave it with. I had a hardshell guitar case I bought from WWBW last year come from Music & Audio and it was from KC.
ghmerrill
4 valves
4 valves

Post by ghmerrill »

The way in which things are being shipped nowadays by the big sellers leads to some bizarre "information" being transmitted to the intended recipient. An example:

On Jan. 15 I ordered some tools from Amazon (a tap and die set for making wooden nuts and bolts). The tracking through Jan. 19 showed that it had "arrived at" and "left" various carrier facilities -- 6, in fact, including 4 in NJ and one in NC. The carrier was UPS.

On Monday, Jan. 19 I got an email from Amazon saying that delivery had been attempted, but UPS was "unable to leave the package unattended" and that I should call UPS to "make alternate delivery arrangements". This struck me as odd since I was around most of the day and hadn't seen a UPS truck. I checked the tracking information and, sure enough, it showed an attempted delivery at 9:47 AM -- when I was definitely around. Well, UPS has (infrequently) screwed up delivering stuff in one way or another, and maybe I just hadn't heard them, but I thought it was odd that they needed someone home in order to deliver a couple of small tools worth $50 altogether -- especially since in the past they've dumped firearms in my yard and just driven away.

So I called UPS where a nice man with a moderately thick Indian accent said he was very happy to help me. Yes, he said, he could see what had happened. It (Monday) was, of course, MLK day -- which (for banks and government agencies and such) is a holiday. UPS was to deliver it to my local Post Office, which would then deliver the package to my home. Since it was a holiday and the PO was closed, UPS could not make their delivery. UPS would make their delivery on Tuesday, Jan. 20.

They made it on Jan. 20 (yesterday), and the package showed up at my door this afternoon. So this is just one example of Amazon shipping through multiple carriers (which they do very efficiently), but generating a completely spurious message to the end recipient. I've had similar things happen with Fed Ex. Apparently carriers are vying for portions of deliveries and frequently leaving it with the PO to do the final step.
Gary Merrill

Wessex EEb tuba (Wick 3XL)
Amati oval euph (DE LN106J6Es)
Mack Brass euph (DE LN106J9)
Buescher 1924 Eb, std rcvr, Kelly 25
Schiller bass trombone (DE LB/J/J9/Lexan 110, Brass Ark MV50R)
Olds '47 Standard trombone (mod. Kelly 12c)
eupher61
6 valves
6 valves

Post by eupher61 »

WWBW ' S distribution is in KC, MO. Unfortunately they have no retail presence there. All those instruments that no one can try out first. Sucks.
rperrym
bugler
bugler

Post by rperrym »

Ordered a leather Gard Mid-suspension bag for my Rudy on Monday. It arrived today, with a return label to Music and Audio Distribution, KC, MO. The label on the box was WWBW. Unfortunately, even though I checked the horn measurements several times, the one I ordered was supposed to fit a 20" bell with a length of 41 inches. However, it really strains the zipper to close it so I am returning it tomorrow for the 43 inch model. Probably the padding would eventually settle in so that it would fit, as it is well padded, but I would rather have some extra room. As it is, I can't even use the suspension padding that is included with the bag. Nice bag though, just as nice as my Meinl-Weston bag and other Miraphone bags I have had. I do have a Jacob Winter hard case for it, but sometimes I need something to carry on my back.
However, I am impressed with how fast the order was processed and shipped. Almost as fast as Amazon.

Rick
Miraphone gold brass 186
Wessex Grand 692-S
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

The Miraphone bags are nice with good protection. My bag is for my Miraphone 5050 euphonium - but same design as the tuba bag. The padding is over an inch thick and the pockets have lots of room. Even my over-sized leather band folder will fit... but just barely. My only dislike is it's a top loader. But, the top has a circular board in the padding to help protect the bell. Back straps are of a good design, but I added extra padding to the straps using those padded seat belt wraps with Velcro attachment.
Last edited by Rick F on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
ghmerrill
4 valves
4 valves

Post by ghmerrill »

Rick F wrote:The Miaphone bags are nice . ... My only dislike is it's a top loader. But, the top has a circular board in the padding to help protect the bell.
My Gard bag for my Wessex EEb is a top loader as well, and I thought I wouldn't like it. But I actually find it much easier to use than the old Giardnelli side-loader I had for my BBb horn. And easier to use than the side-loader Protec bag I now have for my euph. Surprising. The Gard too has a (removable and padded) circular board in the top which has saved my bell rim on several occasions so far, since I'm still not used to carting a 19" bell around.
Gary Merrill

Wessex EEb tuba (Wick 3XL)
Amati oval euph (DE LN106J6Es)
Mack Brass euph (DE LN106J9)
Buescher 1924 Eb, std rcvr, Kelly 25
Schiller bass trombone (DE LB/J/J9/Lexan 110, Brass Ark MV50R)
Olds '47 Standard trombone (mod. Kelly 12c)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

When I bought the Miraphone bag I once owned, I bought it on Amazon... it was fulfilled by WWBW, but the Amazon price was less plus it had free shipping. Doesn't make any sense to me, but I was happy to pay the lower price and move on. :)