Tuba-Euph Performances this month at CWU

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
DavidMcLemore
bugler
bugler

Tuba-Euph Performances this month at CWU

Post by DavidMcLemore »

Hello Tubenet,

This month is a busy one for myself and the tuba-euphonium studio here at Central Washington University! To those in the Pacific Northwest, there are three concerts I would like to bring your attention to:

- On Sunday, February 21st at 6PM the CWU Tuba-Euphonium Ensemble will perform it's Winter concert. A variety of transcriptions and original works will be performed by the ensemble, including Bulla's Celestial Suite. The concert will be held in the Recital Hall.

- On Thursday, February 25th at 7PM the CWU Faculty Brass Quintet will perform in recital. The program will include a wide variety of works for the group, including the Arnold Quintet and selections from Porgy and Bess.

- Last but certainly not least, on Monday February 29th I will be presenting my first faculty recital here at CWU. I'll be performing a range of interesting pieces, some which I'm revisiting and others which I've previously only performed in competitions. The program will include:

Bach, Flute Partita in A Minor
Plog, Three Miniatures for Tuba and Piano
D. Edward Davis, Let There Be Funk
Schubert, Serenade
Arutunian, Concerto for Tuba and Orchestra
Szentpali, Variations on a Hungarian Children's Song

I hope to see some of you at these concerts; they should be a lot of fun!
David McLemore, DMA
Senior Lecturer of Music
Professor of Tuba and Euphonium
Central Washington University
DavidMcLemore
bugler
bugler

Re: Tuba-Euph Performances this month at CWU

Post by DavidMcLemore »

Hi Ken,

Sure that would be great, glad to hear you'll be visiting CWU! I look forward to seeing you then!
David McLemore, DMA
Senior Lecturer of Music
Professor of Tuba and Euphonium
Central Washington University