WTB: Used Miraphone 186/188 or Similar CC

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
tubaguy4624
lurker
lurker

WTB: Used Miraphone 186/188 or Similar CC

Post by tubaguy4624 »

I will be graduating from high school this month and attending The Ohio State University in the fall. I've been playing a BBb horn for six years now, but it is time for me to make that upgrade to a CC horn. I am looking for a quality, used Miraphone 186/188 5-valve CC tuba. I've heard a lot of really good reviews for these horns and I am convinced that they are what I want. If anyone has a horn of this description up for sale, please let me know. Post pictures, PM me, or leave a comment; I will leave my contact information as well so you can email me about the horn.

I'm pretty new to the CC tuba thing so if you have any other quality used horns, let me know as well. I am primarily looking for a miraphone but I wouldn't mind taking a look at some other models either. My budget isn't the best at this time but if you name your price, I'll let you know if I can swing it. Thank you very much!

My email: afriedrichsen4624@gmail.com" target="_blank
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Re: WTB: Used Miraphone 186/188 or Similar CC

Post by Michael Bush »

bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Michael Bush wrote:If I were you, I would jump on this before they change their minds.
+1
tubaguy4624
lurker
lurker

Post by tubaguy4624 »

Michael Bush,

Thank you for the reply. It looks like a great horn, except my professor requires that the horn I play on has 5 valves. Very disappointing, but thank you again.
HuffPuffTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by HuffPuffTuba »

tubaguy4624 wrote:Michael Bush,

Thank you for the reply. It looks like a great horn, except my professor requires that the horn I play on has 5 valves. Very disappointing, but thank you again.

Requires a tuba with 5 valves really?
TubaJacob
bugler
bugler

Post by TubaJacob »

I would play as many different models of horns as you can. I tested about 30 horns before I bought my first CC tuba. I thought I really wanted a 186/188 but tested about 3 of each and played a 186 in high school, but fell in love with the B&S PT's. The 188 felt like an over stuffed 186 and I still prefer the pt-6 over it. I also LOVE the 1293's and the Buckner 291's that I tested. Just get as many horns in your hands before you buy!
tubaguy4624
lurker
lurker

Post by tubaguy4624 »

Tuba found! Thanks for the help, everyone.