Wilson 3200 S FA-5 for sale - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Wilson 3200 S FA-5 for sale - SOLD

Post by mbalassone »

Hi all,
I'm selling my Wilson 3200 S FA-5 F tuba 4 piston 1 rotary, This horn was previously owned by Tim Buzbee the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra principal Tuba player. It is a truly beautiful F tuba, the pistons move very well and the has a wonderful sound, the best aspect of this tuba is the versatility in the range, the low range is extremely strong and sounds amazing, whilst the upper register sings beautifully, It also has a kicker valve attached to the main tuning slide which when used correctly, helps to greatly improve the intonation of the instrument. If I had the choice I would not separate from this tuba because it is so good, but unfortunately it is a necessary sacrifice. Tuba comes with a Wilson gig bag and a Wilson hard case, I'm looking for $10000 ($7400 USD) for the tuba plus both hard and soft case, but I'm happy to negotiate a fair price with someone, I'm willing to ship the instrument at the buyers expense.

Photos can be found of the Facebook link found below
https://www.facebook.com/groups/tubaeup ... 3337837018" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by mbalassone on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Wilson 3200 S FA-5 for sale

Post by Ken Crawford »

USD or AUD?
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

The link doesn't work for me... Any way to allow non-FB users to view the content?
cambrook
pro musician
pro musician

Post by cambrook »

Glen Cronkhite has a pattern for the Willson, he made a leather bag for a 3400 Eb that I owned at the time - the 3200 is the same size
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I'm also curious what a Willson gig bag is. I'm a big fan of my Götz bag, but still, I'm always curious about the stuff that we don't see often here in the US.
cambrook
pro musician
pro musician

Post by cambrook »

Yes I know, but he has the measurements....
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Post by mbalassone »

Hopefully these photos will be viewable, yes the amount is in AUD but in USD it is around $9100
thank you for all the advice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Post by mbalassone »

the elephant wrote:
bort wrote:The link doesn't work for me... Any way to allow non-FB users to view the content?
I am an avid Facebook user, but I cannot see it either, since you have to join that group to view it. I joined and then left that group. No interest for me. I don't want to have to join it again so I can see the photos.

OP - you need to host your photos on an actual photo hosting site like PhotoBucket. Posting photos that require people to sign up, join, download or install anything at all is not a good thing for you if you ever want to sell your horn. Further, posting them *here* via someplace like PhotoBucket is not hard to do at all if you simply take a moment to read. Nothing more useless than an ad with no photos. The photos - IN THE AD ITSELF - allow the ad to sell your horn for you 24/7. Posting photos elsewhere via links does not do that for you. The worst thing is to ask people to email you for pics (which you did not do, thankfully). This limits your ad's ability to promote your horn to those times when people actually bother to email you (far fewer than the number who might be interested in buying but who do not want to contact you at all unless they are pretty sure about it - sort of like trying to look at cars on a lot and having salesmen buzz around you like bees). If they have to contact you, that wastes time. Further, time is wasted while they wait for you to find their email, then upload and send photos to them. And, of course, that initiates a dialog between them and you that most people do not want to start unless they are sure they are interested in the horn, which they cannot be until they see it.

Just trying to help you sell what probably is a very nice tuba, but we cannot see that for ourselves if you link to photos in a private Facebook group that most of us are not a part of. Best of luck. I love these tubas.

By the way, how did you get a Willson gig bag for it? I need one that fits my horn properly. Photos would tell me what I need to know about the bag and whether I might be interested in buying one of my own...

Regards,

Wade
I got the Wilson Gig bag when I purchased the instrument off of Tim, I also received the hard case as well.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Cool, thanks. Looks a lot like my Gotz bag!

BTW, Wade, if you like the look and style of this bag, send me a PM and I'll tell you about my Gotz bag... if you're interested.

Bump for a great tuba!
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Post by mbalassone »

Bump
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Re: Wilson 3200 S FA-5 for sale - PRICE DROP

Post by mbalassone »

Bump
laitc
lurker
lurker

Post by laitc »

I can confirm that its a wonderful tuba.
Great low range, big sound and very easy to play!
Principal Tuba, Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra
Eastman York EBC-836
Nirschl York
Yamaha YFB822SLW
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Post by mbalassone »

Bump
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Post by mbalassone »

Bump
tntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by tntuba »

Is this horn still available? If so, do you know what shipping to the US would be?
Kurath/Perantucci/Willson F
Hirsbrunner HB-21
Getzen Custom Series Tenor Trombone
Southeastern Louisiana University
Principal Tuba, Rapides Symphony Orchestra,
Lake Charles Symphony, and Monroe Symphony Orchestras
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Post by mbalassone »

Yes Horn is still available, around $600-$800 AUD
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Post by mbalassone »

Tim Buzbee is heading over to the states and is willing to fly over with this horn, as such a prospective buyer would only have to ship it from somewhere in the states, bump for a great horn going for a great price!!!!!
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Post by mbalassone »

will be able to ship this horn from La, but only if it's sold before Feb, Bump for an Awesome Tuba
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Post by mbalassone »

Bump
mbalassone
lurker
lurker

Post by mbalassone »

Bump