Army Tuba Conference 2017

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Army Tuba Conference 2017

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Leland wrote:Remind me -- when do the exhibits open?
Friday at noon IIRC
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

Tubaryan12 wrote:
Leland wrote:Remind me -- when do the exhibits open?
Friday at noon IIRC
Cool. :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba:
brattom
pro musician
pro musician

Post by brattom »

Here is some more info for the Tuba Workshop:

1. Access to JBM-HH has become more and more complicated the last couple of years. We don't have any control over the process, but here are some tips to speed up your access to the installation.

If you plan on attending, please pre-register here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-us-arm ... 0224728978" target="_blank

We will share this list with the Access Control group so that they have a list of people to expect. This might expedite your entry.

Also, there is a form you can fill out ahead of time that could allow you to speed up the process. You can get more details on that, as well as ID information on this page:

http://www.usarmyband.com/plan-your-vis ... ntrol.html" target="_blank

2. There is now a printable schedule on the site:

http://www.usarmyband.com/tuba/" target="_blank

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Tom Bratten
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

the elephant wrote:Holy cow, it has been 30 years since I participated in one of these TUSABTEC events. I played in the 1987 one in a massed military ensemble at the end on risers behind Pershing's Own, standing with Jan Duga and behind Brian Bowman. I thoroughly enjoyed a number of presentations and recitals. Tommy Johnson did a fabulous master class/recital and then on the last evening he played the Broughton (written for him, by the way) with Pershing's Own. What a great week in Brucker Hall, waaaaaay back in 1987...
So, does that mean you are coming?

Rick "enquiring minds want to know" Denney
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

My wife and I will be flying in on Thurs., but we'll miss the Thursday events and concert. My son, Chris, who is a MM Euph. major at GMU will be picking us up. We plan to be around Fri. and Sat. But, my sister and her husband are also driving down from NY just to hang with us. Still, I plan to be around Fri. and Sat. Super Bowl at my nephew's house on Sunday. Back to Texas on Monday. To TMEA on Thurs. I sure hope I don't buy anything!!
Rebel
bugler
bugler

Post by Rebel »

My wife and I are planning to attend Saturday afternoon. Maybe we will run into some Tube Net members.
1990 Yamaha YBB-631 4/4 BBb Compensating Tuba
1995 Yamaha YEP-201 Euphonium
Conn 605 Trombone
Fretted and Fretless 5 String Electric Bass
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

My wife asked if I'd like a euphonium sometime. Guess I'll have a reason to play some horns for the first time since the 1900's.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

As I said earlier, my wife and I will be at the Conference (Workshop). If I know you, or even if I don't, please say hello if you see us. We look pretty much like this.
Yane
bugler
bugler

Post by Yane »

Looks like I will make it this year. Scored a sweet AirBnB place to crash that is walkable from Hatfield gate.
David

King 1241, B&H Eb, Sterling Euph, King 1250
Lake Murray Symphony; Columbia Community Concert Band; Capitol Brass; Die Lustigen Muzikanten; Seed and Feed Marching Abominable
West Columbia, SC
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

brattom wrote:Here is some more info for the Tuba Workshop:

1. Access to JBM-HH has become more and more complicated the last couple of years. We don't have any control over the process, but here are some tips to speed up your access to the installation.

If you plan on attending, please pre-register here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-us-arm ... 0224728978" target="_blank" target="_blank

We will share this list with the Access Control group so that they have a list of people to expect. This might expedite your entry.

Also, there is a form you can fill out ahead of time that could allow you to speed up the process. You can get more details on that, as well as ID information on this page:

http://www.usarmyband.com/plan-your-vis ... ntrol.html" target="_blank" target="_blank

2. There is now a printable schedule on the site:

http://www.usarmyband.com/tuba/" target="_blank" target="_blank

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Tom Bratten
Can someone add this to the opening post?

Plus, can the Plan Your Visit link be added to the conference web page? I see the EventBrite link, but that's it.
Jeff Keller
bugler
bugler

Post by Jeff Keller »

I can't reiterate strongly enough, what Tom Bratten stated about access to Fort Myer. Please, Please, Please allow plenty of time to get through security.

J
The United States Army Band, "Pershing's Own"
PT-6S
MW2250