WTB Dillon Adjustable Gap Receiver/Found ThnkZ! Bookmark and Share

No posting restrictions. Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted.

WTB Dillon Adjustable Gap Receiver/Found ThnkZ!

Postby zangerzzz » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Pm me or hit me at

hugh.rankin@hotmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

ThnkZ
Last edited by zangerzzz on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
zangerzzz
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB Dillon Adjustable Gap Receiver

Postby zangerzzz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:27 pm

BUmb Spell check
zangerzzz
bugler
bugler

Postby zangerzzz » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:53 am

Still Iookin'
zangerzzz
bugler
bugler

Postby zangerzzz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:31 am

Still Lookin
zangerzzz
bugler
bugler

Postby the elephant » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:59 am

Does Dillon no longer sell them?
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby Dan Schultz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 pm

If you do happen to locate one... and need an 'L' insert... I have two of 'em.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Bohm & Meinl helicon, Marzan euph, King 2341, Alphorn, etc.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Postby zangerzzz » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:15 am

lookin' still
zangerzzz
bugler
bugler

Postby the elephant » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:16 am

Okay, to help you out I did some research. Dillon still sells them. They are out of stock indefinitely. They intend to stock them again — soon-ish-ly — but they have a lot going on right now and it is a low priority. The price has been $175 pretty much forever and will remain so, at least for now. So you *can* still get these new, but it will take some time until they are ready do stock them again. That is straight from the man's mouth just a moment ago on the telephone.

With that in mind: I have one I will sell you. It has some small marks from pliers on one of the two collets. (They are on the American collet, I think.) These were there when I got it.

These are 100% nickel silver (copper/nickel alloy) and neither nickel nor nickel plated brass. (I remember some discussion about that here in the past, so I wanted to confirm that.) Because NS/NS connections can bind rather tightly if allowed to dry out, I would suggest keeping the threads greased with something waterproof and long-lived. I have used white lithium grease and did not like it. I have used regular old axle grease, which worked GREAT. Apply a tiny bit to the threads with a q-tip. Do this on occasion if the collet wants to freeze in place. I am guessing this is why there are small marks on the one collet: it dried out and remained like that for some time. If you have to remove the collet with some force, wrap a thick shop rag around it before using toothed pliers to avoid future marks. (I have used two different slide greases and both did not work well. One dried out and one traveled out the backside of the lock collar and got all over the leadpipe and the lining of my hard case under a hot bus on a long trip. The axle grease never gave me a problem. (Just trying to help, whether you buy mine or someone else's.)

The opening is only one size, so you have to shim it to fit your leadpipe if it is too large. Matt said he would do this as a normal thing when installing these in the shop for customers. If you need to do this I am sure Matt will be willing to give you advice or to speak with your tech. He would simply take a short bit of tubing that fit the AGR perfectly and machine it out until it fit the leadpipe, too.

I spoke with his regarding the value of my AGR and he said that half price would be very fair, so I will sell it to you (all four parts) for $100 with that price covering the shipping to you (if you are CONUS, if not we will have to talk about the shipping to see what you want to do).

I would prefer PayPal, and the C note needs to clear my bank first. I already have the shipping materials, so I can pack it right away. Once the money clears I can drop it at the USPS that next day (or the next, depending on my rehearsal schedule).

Let me know if you are interested. I had not wanted to sell it, but it is just sitting here in a box, unused. It bugs me when I have something someone else needs and I have no plans for it. It makes me feel like the guys from "Hoarders" are going to show up at my house with the cameras rolling. HAHAHA!!!

I can take pics if you like. Post here or PM me. My email link also works, if that is better.

Wade
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby yetituba1 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:05 pm

BUMP! I'm looking for a complete one with both receiver bits (Euro and American)
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

Postby the elephant » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Mine has been sold to the OP. Thanks!
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Return to Wanting To Buy/Seeking