FS: BMB 6/4 CC (Sold)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

FS: BMB 6/4 CC (Sold)

Post by Ethan M »

Hey all!

I'm putting my lacquered, 5-valved BMB 6/4 CC up for sale. I bought this horn about a year ago from a professional and member of this forum, and have used it extensively in bands since then. I've used it mostly in large ensembles, such as my university's wind ensemble. It's a joy to play in full ensemble settings! It's got a big, bold sound that makes for a great foundation. As with any horn this size, it takes a bit of work to play in tune, but it's absolutely manageable. The horn comes with the original gig bag and hard case, which are in good shape, though the hard case is missing a handle. The thumb-ring, which I elected not to use, is included along with a pair of screws. I found it easier to play this horn with a tuba rest, so I also have a BBC tuba rest that I am willing to part with. I used either the (included) Barth Helleberg or my (not included) Sellmansberger Orchestra Grand cup and shank with the horn, and found both to be good matches.

Condition:
This horn is in quite good 'used' condition. I was told that it served as a demo horn for the company before it was sold to a previous owner. There is evidence of some bell damage that has been repaired, some dings in the bell, and some imperfection near the bottom of the bell stack. Other than that, there's a minor dent in the bottom bow, but not much else to speak of! If you look at the album link at the bottom, I tried to show those imperfections. The lacquer is in good condition, and I just spent a few hours cleaning it out, so the slides and valves are in great working order.

Improvements I had made:
--Valves realigned a few months ago.
--First valve slide vented
--Small length of tubing inserted between the MTS and valve section to eliminate a bore gap. This is something my professor recommended having done to help with an intonation issue I was having. The second-space C was running rather sharp, but this fixed that issue, and improved intonation in general. The tubing is removable, though I haven't tried to move it since it was put in.

Location, Price and Shipping
--Horn is located in or near Lincoln, Nebraska.
--Asking price is $5500
--I still have the box this was shipped to me in, so I am willing to ship (preferably Greyhound) at the buyer's risk and expense.

Let me know if there are other photos you need, or any questions you might have. Feel free to make me an offer.... the worst I can say is no! Contact me here or via email--millington (dot) ethan (at) gmail (dot) com.

Link to pictures--https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1pOV ... k1Wc2x1Um8
Last edited by Ethan M on Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ASTuba
pro musician
pro musician

Re: FS: BMB 6/4 CC

Post by ASTuba »

This horn was previously mine. Seriously a great tuba for someone who wants a big CC tuba and doesn't want to spend a ton of money. Someone should buy this quickly!
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Post by Ethan M »

Thanks Andy! I should've also mentioned that I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet a buyer halfway and avoid shipping. Let me know what you've got in mind and we can work something out!
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Post by Ethan M »

Just a bump back to the top. I'm open to offers!
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Post by Ethan M »

This horn is still available!
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Post by Ethan M »

Bump back to the top!
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Post by Ethan M »

Bump. My semester just wrapped up, so it'd be easy to schedule a meet-up with a buyer! 8) 8)
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

Ethan is a former student of mine and was kind enough to let me borrow this instrument for my last concert with our community orchestra. I used it in rehearsals from February through April and at the final concert. I enjoyed playing it very much in our orchestra (80+ people) and the brass section liked it as well. It's got a big, broad sound and intonation was not an issue for me. We played an Elvis tribute medley as one of our pieces and I used it for a solo on "Can't Help Falling in Love With You." This was my first time ever using a 6/4 instrument, and one of the first things I learned was that if you want to play big, full, and loud, you can't just "put the pedal to the metal" and get a good response out of it. It takes a broader, slower airstream, but it can put out a lot of sound. I also found it rather easy to play soft as well. I enjoyed using it very much!

On a personal note, Ethan is a very honest and studious young man. He has sold instruments through here and the auction site as always does a fine job of representing what he's selling. While he certainly has much more experience playing on this horn than I do, I thought I would throw my endorsement out there.
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: BMB 6/4 CC--SOLD

Post by Ethan M »

Horn is sold. Thanks for the interest!

:tuba: :tuba: