NEW Grad Assistantship at Western Illinois Univ.

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Slamson
bugler
bugler

NEW Grad Assistantship at Western Illinois Univ.

Post by Slamson »

In addition to our Talent Grants for Tubas (I like to call 'em TGFTs), I've just been put in charge of a new assistantship in Video Streaming and Digital Marketing for the WIU School of Music! This assistantship is ranked as a Teaching Support Assistant, which means more money! The first priority for this assistantship is a bachelor's in music, and the second is some experience in working with audio, video, and streaming (the official ad is pasted below).

Don't count yourself out if media has only been a sideline for you - it's a simple fact of life that 99% of us tuba players have been making a living doing more than playing the tuba. My experience in broadcasting helped me land this job, so maybe it'll work for you!

If you're curious about the position but want to ask some questions first, PM me. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing a lot of applications from the TubeNet family...

Western Illinois University
School of Music

Position Title: Graduate Assistant in Video Streaming and Digital Marketing
(Rank: Teaching Support Assistant, TSA)

Availability: To begin Fall 2017

Reports to: Graduate Coordinator, School of Music, and faculty supervisor, Recording Technician

Terms of Employment:
• Two-semester (eight-month) contract, covering Fall and Spring semesters of the academic year
• Renewable for a second year of academic study
• 13 hours per week for a 2/3 Assistantship

Compensation:
• $629.00/month x 8 month contract = $5032 per academic year ($2516/semester)
• FULL tuition waiver for all graduate credits (not including fees)
• Tuition waiver for summer courses
• Total benefit to student: $10,743.58/year (US domestic tuition); $16,419.16/year
(International tuition)
• For more information on Graduate Assistantships at WIU: click here

Position Description: Duties include assisting the Recording Technician, administrative tasks involving coordinating all live stream concert performances, technical tasks involving editing and production responsibilities, and logistical tasks related to School of Music digital marketing.

Qualifications:
• Must be accepted as a full-time, degree-seeking student in a WIU School of Music graduate program
• Must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 semester hours of graduate study
• Maintain GPA of at least 3.00. First-semester graduate students must also have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
• B.A. (music) or B.M. degree required
• Evidence of skills and demonstrated background in video recording and production. Experience in or commitment to digital marketing initiatives.

Application Process and Deadline:
• Visit the WIU School of Music graduate program online at http://www.wiu.edu/music" target="_blank" target="_blank
• Contact the Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Brian Locke (b-locke@wiu.edu" target="_blank" target="_blank) and the Recording Technician, Dr. Terry Solomonson (gt-solomonson@wiu.edu" target="_blank" target="_blank)
• Complete the online Graduate Application at http://www.wiu.edu/apply" target="_blank" target="_blank
• Consult the Audition Requirements for your area as well as the School of Music’s Graduate Handbook
• Request an audition (required for performance and conducting majors) with Trista Trone (td-trone@wiu.edu" target="_blank" target="_blank)

All materials, including 3 letters of recommendation and transcripts, must be received no later than January 31, 2017 to receive full consideration for the assistantship.
sorry, I don't do signatures.
Slamson
bugler
bugler

Re: NEW Grad Assistantship at Western Illinois Univ.

Post by Slamson »

Did I mention that it's really, REALLY cheap to live here?
Slamson
bugler
bugler

Last call- Grad Assistantship at Western Illinois Univ.

Post by Slamson »

One last bump and last call for this assistantship! We've got a few finalists but I can keep interviewing until March 25th! It's a good opportunity for someone needing an assistantship and wanting to get valuable experience with Arts Technology - if you don't think you'll be needing that experience you've been living in a cave (or a very remote practice room) most of your life....